PDA

View Full Version : Sync stalling on iPhone

jka33331
2008-11-02, 12:34 AM
I made a lot of changes in OF on my desktop. When trying to update to iPhone, sync is stalling and rebooting itself. Can you still email the database update through email? If so, how would I do that?

jet14
2008-11-02, 01:51 AM
I made a lot of changes in OF on my desktop. When trying to update to iPhone, sync is stalling and rebooting itself.
Try looking for similar posts (and re-posting this question) in the "iPhone" and "Syncing" sub-forums, rather than this one (i.e. "General", which is intended for things OTHER than iPhone, Syncing, or Extras, since those each have their own forum ;-). Looks like you need the "Coalesce OF database" script Lizard posted a while back, as well as the newly available iPhone 1.1 app...

Can you still email the database update through email? If so, how would I do that?
In terms of this question, the e-mail for sync was never the whole DB, just a pre-configuration of your sync settings.

Just my $0.02...

J

Brian
2008-11-04, 09:52 AM
Hmmm... this probably means that the iPhone app is asking for more memory than the phone has available, and gets shut down by the OS as a consequence. OmniFocus supports partial syncs, so you'll eventually chug through the sync.

Alternatively, the script posted here (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9273) will likely get you back up and running.