PDA

View Full Version : Build for iPhone

beefon
2009-03-17, 06:22 AM
Hello,

i want to use your OmniNetworking framework within iPhone Platform. How should i build your frameworks to make my app run on iPhone Simulator and iPhone?

Tim Wood
2009-03-18, 07:13 AM
OmniNetworking hasn't been ported to the iPhone, but we are happy to take patches on github. Most of it should work out of the box, but there is no IPv6 support and some of the other APIs may or may not be there (really, I don't know for sure since I've not tried).

For OmniFocus on the iPhone, we use the built-in networking classes (NSURLConnection, primarily), so if you are trying to do something high-level this may be appropriate. If you are trying to do something lower level, there are socket classes in CFNetwork or you could try OmniNetworking, of course.

Note that the iPhone doesn't have frameworks, so you'll need to reference the OmniNetworking classes from your main project, or build a library project. This may involve some small changes to the OmniNetworking sources to allow them to build as part of the new project, but hopefully nothing earth shattering.