PDA

View Full Version : Please change the Favicon

Cortig
2006-04-14, 08:28 AM
Hi All,

It looks like the forum use the default vBulletin Favicon.
It'd be nice to have an OmniFavicon instead :-)

Corentin

Forrest
2006-04-14, 09:47 AM
heh, I was going to keep my complaint to just getting rid of the stock vB skin ;)

Cortig
2006-04-14, 10:00 AM
heh, I was going to keep my complaint to just getting rid of the stock vB skin ;)

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the default vB theme either, but that has already been mentioned. Additionally, I thought that the Favicon should be easy enough to change...

Corentin

Ken Case
2006-04-14, 10:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I changed the favicon a week or so ago, and I seem to get the right thing when I load forums.omnigroup.com/favicon.ico (http://forums.omnigroup.com/favicon.ico). Perhaps you've got an old cached favicon?

Cortig
2006-04-14, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure I changed the favicon a week or so ago, and I seem to get the right thing when I load forums.omnigroup.com/favicon.ico (http://forums.omnigroup.com/favicon.ico). Perhaps you've got an old cached favicon?

I just trashe my entire cache and the old favicon is gone, but the new one doesn't show up in OW either :(

Interestingly the new Favicon shows up in Safari...
In any case, the forum is fine, it's definitively a browser issue :confused:

Corentin

Forrest
2006-04-14, 10:12 AM
I flushed cache as well, the old icon is gone but the new icon doesn't appear (though I can see it when I click on the link.)

NickM
2006-04-14, 10:15 AM
I've found it very hard to exorcise Webkit's cache of a favicon. Even resetting Safari wouldn't do it.

swooshdave
2006-04-14, 10:19 AM
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the default vB theme either, but that has already been mentioned. Additionally, I thought that the Favicon should be easy enough to change...

Corentin

Sheesh, vB is cheap and omni has better things to do than muck around with the forums, which are a FREE service to it's customers. I'd personally like to have them keep coding that waste time catering to such menial requests. :mad:

Cortig
2006-04-14, 10:19 AM
I've found it very hard to exorcise Webkit's cache of a favicon. Even resetting Safari wouldn't do it.

Well in this case, exorcising the Favicons was easy: all I had to do was to clear the Cache in OmniWeb. It's just that OW refuses to load the new ones now :eek:

Actually, for Safari, I use TinkerTool System: It has an option to clean-up "Site icons". This tends to make me beliee that Safari has a different storage for regular cache and Favicons.

Corentin

Forrest
2006-04-14, 11:06 AM
Sheesh, vB is cheap and omni has better things to do than muck around with the forums, which are a FREE service to it's customers. I'd personally like to have them keep coding that waste time catering to such menial requests. :mad:

They have already said they want to change the theme. I saw no request for a new theme before someone from the OG suggested it. Additionally, suggestions have been provided that are easy and free.

Cortig
2006-04-14, 11:08 AM

Well after all, this *is* a "Forums Feedback" section..... I'm not demanding that things be changed at once - just providing feedback on the Forums :cool:

swooshdave
2006-04-21, 12:20 PM
You should see me when I'm cranky. :D

Cortig
2006-04-21, 12:31 PM
:)

Corentin