PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with SA?

Nicolas_Thomsen
2010-04-07, 12:05 AM
I´m always tweaking my OF setup to find the best way to use it.
I´m right now trying to optimize how I work with SA.

I have folders for different areas of focus.
So far I have made a SA project in each area so fx. I have a "work" folder and inside I have a "work sa" project for all my work related single actions. It just seems a bit cumbersome to have 8-10 sa projects, and I was wondering how you guys deal with SA?

Natdog
2010-04-09, 11:29 AM
Sa?

Toadling
2010-04-09, 11:48 AM
Single actions?

-Dennis

curt.clifton
2010-04-09, 02:33 PM
I keep separate single action lists in every top-level folder. I think this is what you're doing. It works fine for me. One nice consequence is that I can review the single action lists for some roles more often than others. That's useful for keeping my most important life roles moving forward.

Brian
2010-04-09, 02:52 PM
Nicolas, it sounds like our workflows are fairly different, but just in case it's helpful: I have exactly one single action list, for those truly random tasks that just don't fit anywhere else and aren't likely to occur more than once.

Within my projects, I rank items by priority during review: single-action-y or someday/maybe items get dragged down towards the bottom of the project.

I am a bit of a GTD heretic in that many of my ongoing projects don't have clear outcomes and will probably only be "complete" when I'm not around any more to complete them. If something languishes at the bottom of my project for years on end, I'm okay with that. :-)