PDA

View Full Version : Question about scheduled tasks...

marshallj
2010-05-11, 02:56 AM
I'd really appreciate some input. I don't understand why there is no filter to show all the tasks I have scheduled. I also can't seem to find the best way to create a perspective for "someday" type tasks. In my mind a context does not include items I want to put off till later or schedule to start two weeks from today. A context needs to be able to have active tasks and postponed tasks.

It seems like there should be a smart list or filter to easily show scheduled and postponed tasks.

I don't get it. Currently the only way I know how to create a "someday" task is to create an on hold context. But I shouldn't there be a way to leave a task under the "email" context even though I want to do it later? If I choose to just create a start date in two weeks so I can keep my contexts organized, there's not way to show all my scheduled tasks. Ugg...

Thanks, I'd appreciate any help...

whpalmer4
2010-05-11, 08:25 AM
It sounds like you are perhaps attempting to keep your someday/maybe tasks mixed in with your active tasks. Have you considered keeping them separately from your active projects?

Lucas
2010-05-11, 12:56 PM
Can’t you group by start date in context view?

Brian
2010-05-11, 02:15 PM
But I shouldn't there be a way to leave a task under the "email" context even though I want to do it later?

Go ahead and assign the action to the Email context, then set a start date in the future. View -> Status Filter -> Available will hide actions that you can't do right now.

(By contrast, the "Remaining" status filter will show those future actions mixed in with your current ones.)

Does that help?