PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to OPML discards all text formatting

macula
2010-06-08, 11:20 AM
I tried to export my OmniOutliner document into OPML but, alas, all formatting was lost: no bold or italic text to be found anywhere.

Any workarounds?

Thank you!

Lucas
2010-06-08, 12:09 PM
If the goal is to go OmniOutliner → OF, I think that OF will import an OmniOutliner document directly. Keep in mind that OF only allows rich text in notes. If you look around the forums I think you might find the order that OF will expect the columns to be in. I hope this responds to the question you were asking.

whpalmer4
2010-06-08, 12:30 PM
Actually, OF is a bit more flexible than that -- it pops up a dialog where you tell it which column corresponds to the various parts of an action, so the order doesn't have to be the same.

If this is really a question unrelated to OF, you might have more luck in the OO forum, or with Help->Send Feedback.

macula
2010-06-08, 01:15 PM
Thank you. I actually thought I had posted this on the OO forum. My apologies.

The goal here is to migrate from OO to DevonThink. This is meant as an experiment at this point; I am exploring whether I could simplify my workflow by gathering all my info on one database rather than two.

Anyway, thanks again.

RobTrew
2010-06-08, 03:22 PM
Thank you. I actually thought I had posted this on the OO forum. My apologies.

The goal here is to migrate from OO to DevonThink.

Devonthink can display and index the contents of OO3 documents, so it probably makes more sense to simply drop them into your DT database(s)