PDA

View Full Version : dock icon option for unchecked pages

pjb
2006-09-08, 08:18 AM
I would like an easier way to check on sites that have not yet been checked by the automatic system to see if they have been updated.

For example, I know of a page that is supposed to update at noon every weekeday but sometimes it doesn't. My automatic bookmark checking happens much later in the day. Currently, if I want to check for an update I either open the site in a browser window or open the bookmarks window, search for the site, and hit the check now button (this later, while more work, has the effect of changing the check time, but of course that's only good until I set automatic checking for a new site).

I think it would be convenient, provided one does not have very many sites set for automatic checking, to be able to use some key combination for the dock icon to list all the sites which will be checked, regardless of whether the app knows if they have changes or not.

The dock icon menu interface in MacReporter has something along these lines but does not show the sites without known changes but does proved a "refresh all" item.

Thoughts?

jphaag
2006-09-08, 12:09 PM
Thoughts?

I personally would like to have the option of turning the badge entirely off - I´m a heavy RSS User (for my needs the implementaion in OW is just about perfect), so the badge always shows 4 (meaningless) digits...

Forrest
2006-09-08, 01:36 PM
I personally would like to have the option of turning the badge entirely off - I´m a heavy RSS User (for my needs the implementaion in OW is just about perfect), so the badge always shows 4 (meaningless) digits...

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=1562

jphaag
2006-09-08, 02:09 PM
Thanks! Much appreciated.