PDA

View Full Version : Sending Forms Annoyance dialog WHY?

Drayon
2006-09-08, 05:28 PM
Anyone know what this stupid drop down annoyance dialog is all about in OW and Safari when hitting the Back Button?

This happens VERY frequently and is very frustrating, especially when it WON"T let you go back several pages at once. IE on Windows doesnt do this. I can understand the concept but only IF a user enters data in the forms. BUT many times im not even entering any data in ANY form and yet it still drops this stupid anoying dialog down after hitting the back button. Is there a hidden preference to set to an automatic and transparent "SEND" command to just let me go back with the back button without this dialog appearing?

Thanks

Forrest
2006-09-08, 05:41 PM
BUT many times im not even entering any data in ANY form and yet it still drops this stupid anoying dialog down after hitting the back button.

Got example?

Handycam
2006-09-09, 08:11 AM
If a page in a multi-page form has been created based on a Submit action from a previous page, you will get a dialog asking if you want to re-submit data.

If that's what you're seeing... you don't provide an example nor even what the "stupid drop down annoyance dialog" actually says.

Len Case
2006-09-10, 09:52 PM
The form panel will only show up if the page in question has not been cached and the only way to show the information is to resubmit a form.

The issue is not whether you used a link to leave the page, but whether you arrived at the page via a form. For example, doing a search on google submits a form. If you then follow a link from the search results and then go back--if the search results were no longer cached, it will ask if you want to resubmit the form. The fact that you left the page via a link has nothing to do with whether going back will cause a form to be resubmitted.

But you can go back several pages in both OmniWeb and Safari by clicking on the back button and holding it until a list pops up (or, in OW, by clicking the little down arrow next to the back button).

Currawong1
2006-09-18, 03:33 PM
I suspect many people (myself included) would like Omniweb to either cache everything in the immediate history, or, if the form was set not to cache, have the option to override that.

Ilgaz
2006-09-22, 06:27 AM
Sending a form again could be dangerous for shopping sites if they don't have built in safeguards against it.

I think it is the reason.