PDA

View Full Version : Some date changes aren't 'sticking'?

Lightstorm
2010-09-24, 07:01 AM
I'll put in a support ticket with the ninjas, but I want to make sure I'm not crazy first.

I'm syncing between my Mac, iPhone 4 and iPad 3G. On the iPad version of OF, I sometimes find that the dates I CHANGE in the inspector don't stick. If it's the first time I've input a date, it's OK, but if I go back and change it, it will show the change in the inspector (but UI list of tasks still reflects the old date for the task). So then I sync, and see that the change did NOT go through (the iPhone reflects the old date as well). So I change the date on the iPhone, sync, then sync iPad, and {poof!} the change is complete. This doesn't happen often, so it's hard to know the circumstances with which to replicate it, unfortunately.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

whpalmer4
2010-09-24, 01:40 PM
Is there any possibility that you've changed that same action on another one of your devices without syncing first? It wouldn't have to be the date that got changed...

Lightstorm
2010-09-24, 02:22 PM
Is there any possibility that you've changed that same action on another one of your devices without syncing first? It wouldn't have to be the date that got changed...

Hey Palmer,
No, fresh edit this morning, and I sync my devices before I leave in the morning so there shouldn't be a conflict. The date doesn't even change right after I input it, which is weird.

Brian
2010-09-24, 04:59 PM
We are fixing some date-related issues (the due soon/overdue/etc status doesn't always update when it should) in an update coming soon, but I haven't seen anything that would cause the date change itself to be lost.

May help to send some screenshots illustrating the problem to our support ninjas (omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com). To take a screenshot, press the power and home buttons at the same time - you can then email the picture to yourself or us from the Photos app. Thanks for the help!

Lightstorm
2010-09-24, 05:10 PM
Thanks, Brian. Since it's not easily replicated, i'll wait until the upcoming 1.1 Omni's blog mentioned and see if I notice the behavior afterwards.

Cantankerous
2010-09-27, 12:49 AM
I've also been getting this behaviour on the iPad version. I set a due date and is is not sticking / being displayed on the list of tasks.