PDA

View Full Version : Setting Default RSS Reader In OW

UnLogikal
2006-11-24, 08:13 AM
Ok. I tried searching this forum.. no matter what I do I get zero results... looks broken or something to me.

I'd like to set a different RSS reader in OmniWeb so it is added to my news reader of choice. How might one go about doing this? I've searched all the preferences and menu items and unless I'm blind, I didn't see anything even remotely related.

Omnius
2006-11-24, 11:21 AM
you might try out RCDefaultApp 2.0

info & D/L:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14618

DESCRIPTION
RCDefaultApp is a Mac OS X 10.2 or higher preference pane that allows a user to set the default application used for various URL schemes, file extensions, file types, MIME types, and Uniform Type Identifiers (or UTIs; MacOS 10.4 only). MacOS X uses the extension and file type settings to choose the application when opening a file in Finder, while Safari and other applications use the URL and MIME type settings at other times for content not related to a file (such as an unknown URL protocol, or a media stream).
RCDefaultApp also allows setting the application when digital cameras or FireWire webcams such as iSight are connected to the computer

WHAT'S NEW
Version 2.0:
Built as a universal binary for use on Intel Macs.
Added "Apps" section to assign multiple extensions etc. at once.
Added "Media" section to allow setting actions when digital cameras and webcams are plugged in.
Disallows setting an application for the "app" extension and related items, as this causes problems.
Uses localized descriptions for URL schemes.
Changed to use a sheet for the About information, triggered by a small "i" button.
Fixed a couple of other minor bugs.

still working perfectly on Tiger here

Jon Hicks
2006-11-24, 10:54 PM
Surely that only works for feed: urls? I think what UnLogikal is after, is what Omnigroup has promised for 5.5.2 - the ability to click the status bar RSS icon, and send the feed to your default news reader, rather than use Omniweb's own system.