PDA

View Full Version : style questions

metajack
2006-12-16, 03:27 PM
It seems to me that styles have the opposite priority that I'm expecting. For instance, I have several groups of tasks at the highest level. I was thinking of making them each a different color.

First off, children do not seem to inherit the style of the parent. I wish they did. They the style could just be set at the top level of the group and individual tasks could override if necessary (like css).

Secondly, if i set a style for those tasks, the general style for overdue tasks gets overridden. There doesn't seem to be a way to customize the styles for groups while having overdue tasks show up in red. Either I can show overdue tasks in red, or I can customize styles explicitly.

Am I missing something? I'd really like to use some color to help distinguish major groupings, but I'd also really like to see overdue tasks in red.

skwirl
2006-12-18, 04:08 PM
You're not missing anything metajack. We have a feature request for the children inheriting parent styles in our database.

I have also filed a report about the overdue tasks getting overridden as well. :)

metajack
2006-12-19, 07:19 PM
Thanks. Looking forward to the fixes/features so that I can finally have some color fun.

cephalopodcast
2007-03-05, 06:42 AM
Just purchased OmniPlan. The lack of style inheritance is a real pain. Look forward to the update.

skwirl
2007-03-07, 05:04 PM
Votes added! :D

freedolin
2009-03-19, 03:12 AM
Another vote.

I just purchased Omniplan and was very surprised to find out styles are not inherited in task groups, even in the latest beta.

-- Markus