PDA

View Full Version : hosed up my OmniFocus Mac database

bobloblaw
2012-05-19, 11:16 AM
Hi,

I've been syncing my iPad, iPhone, and Mac OmniFocus stuff just fine. Then, somehow, my Mac OmniFocus blew up. I'm still fine on iPad and iPhone, but ain't nothing happening on the Mac.

Anytime I do anything in OmniFocus Mac, I get the message "Unable to read document." Followed by "No root transactions found in file://localhost/Users/hlb/Library/Application%20Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus/"

I assume that means that my Mac database got deleted. But I can't figure out how to create a new database and move on with syncing from the good files from my iPad and iPhone.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Loblaw

whpalmer4
2012-05-21, 05:17 PM
Bob, your best move is probably to call up the Omni support ninjas and have them walk you through the recovery (they may also want to see if they can figure out what happened). They are in the office 10-5 M-F Pacific time, and the phone number is 800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152.

OmniFocus syncs the entire database, so any of your devices should be able to regenerate any other device, with the exception of any changes that hadn't been synced.