PDA

View Full Version : Stop 'Miscellaneous' being created

ingzee
2012-06-15, 02:35 AM
Is there a way to set omnifocus (across all platforms) to put tasks without projects into a folder set by me, rather than having it automatically create a miscellaneous folder?

Thanks in advance

Jay6821
2012-06-15, 04:40 AM
+1

I would like this option.

wilsonng
2012-06-15, 04:44 AM
Select OmniFocus > Preferences menu.

Click on the icon for Data.

Default list for single actions: [Miscellaneous]
Inbox items processed without a project assigned will be placed at the end of this list.

This will allow you to change the default list for single actions. I think this should work.

ingzee
2012-06-15, 05:07 AM
That's brilliant, thanks!

Do you know if that setting will be synced to iOS versions?

wilsonng
2012-06-15, 05:10 AM
Not sure. My daughters took my iPad and iPod touch. You might have to look in the settings screen.

whpalmer4
2012-06-15, 06:37 AM
That's brilliant, thanks!

Do you know if that setting will be synced to iOS versions?

Yes, it is.

Onazuka
2012-08-26, 08:08 AM
Select OmniFocus > Preferences menu.

Click on the icon for Data.

Default list for single actions: [Miscellaneous]
Inbox items processed without a project assigned will be placed at the end of this list.

This will allow you to change the default list for single actions. I think this should work.

This is grayed out on both of my Macs and the popup is blank. Is there a way to enable the popup so I can set the default single action list?

Greg Jones
2012-08-26, 09:24 AM
The setting above this one in preferences has 4 possible options on when to cleanup inbox items. Three of the 4 requires that a project to be set. Change it to context only and you will see the options for setting a default project.

Onazuka
2012-08-27, 05:11 PM
The setting above this one in preferences has 4 possible options on when to cleanup inbox items. Three of the 4 requires that a project to be set. Change it to context only and you will see the options for setting a default project.

Thanks Greg.