PDA

View Full Version : Thank your for auto searching contexts

SpiralOcean
2007-04-30, 06:56 PM
Brilliant! Will save so much time! And allows me to see what is already out there.

Might be useful to be able to search the top level of contexts first, then drill down into sub contexts...

Ken Case
2007-04-30, 08:00 PM
Our hope is that having a good matching algorithm eliminates the usefulness of drilling down into something (which seems like an unnecessary extra step), but (once you get a chance to try the matching for yourself) please do let us know whether we're right or wrong.

Nevir
2007-04-30, 08:10 PM
I think the method you use will be the easiest for most users to pick up and use; especially those that use the same sort of searching in Quicksilver.

I notice in the video that when Ethan's adding the first task to the "Repair Doorbell in Studio" project, the Errands context has a > symbol to the right of it - would pressing the right arrow with it selected shift/drill-down into the sub-contexts of it?

Ken Case
2007-04-30, 08:24 PM
I notice in the video that when Ethan's adding the first task to the "Repair Doorbell in Studio" project, the Errands context has a > symbol to the right of it - would pressing the right arrow with it selected shift/drill-down into the sub-contexts of it?

If we were keeping that approach, yes. But at this point that's just a stray that we apparently missed cleaning up when we rewrote our completion filtering algorithm.