PDA

View Full Version : Updated Omniweb theme

Jon Hicks
2006-05-03, 12:12 AM
Just to let you know, I've updated my theme to work with Omniweb 5.5: http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/tiger-theme-for-omniweb-55

revs
2006-05-03, 04:06 AM
brilliant - thanks again jon!

Nautical
2006-05-04, 06:54 AM
I would love it if OmniWeb shipped with the Safari navigational buttons from the get-go. They look so much better with the unified appearance than do the standard OmniWeb buttons. And Mr. Hicks theme is very appreciated until the day when this hope becomes reality. :)

revs
2006-05-04, 06:59 AM
just saw that you have updated it and removed the shadows - brilliant - much nicer!

Jon Hicks
2006-05-04, 11:14 AM
Yeah - anyone using the theme would be better off downloading and installing again. Revs is referring to the shadows that were at the bottom corners of the safari-esque buttons. Looks much smoother now!

However, I think Omnigroup are right not to ship with Safari style buttons, I think they need to have an identity of their own. Even though they're used elsewhere (such as in the finder), people would cry 'Safari Rip off'.

I do think they need to update what they've got though!

Forrest
2006-05-04, 11:57 AM
I would love it if OmniWeb shipped with the Safari navigational buttons from the get-go. They look so much better with the unified appearance than do the standard OmniWeb buttons.

Personally, I like how the OW buttons look on the unified toolbar. Very simple and clean. The safari buttons add the extra boxes. I tried Jon's theme for a while, but I do like the clean buttons on the unified toolbar more.

revs
2006-05-04, 12:02 PM
I have a half half theme. Half jon Hicks, and then the other half Firefox. I really liek the firefox theme

Ryan
2006-05-07, 12:39 PM
I agree that an update would be nice, and I also agree that that oughtn´t mean looking like Safari. Blech!

So, now that I´ve agreed with just about everything Jon Hicks said (hey, I added a ¨blech¨ in there!) I´ll also point out that I don´t really care that much. Interfaces are one of my passions, and this one is fine, just a bit dated.