PDA

View Full Version : Managing Studio Jobs

The Jones Boy
2007-05-17, 04:27 AM
Hi.

Hoping this isn't too open and more to the point off-topic and a bit cheeky.

I am looking for a way to share information about jobs within a design studio.

They'll all have a unique number, they will all have similar info re a brief / a supplier / a delivery date / a delivery address etc.

What would be ideal would be something the studio could access via a server/shared access and make amends as applicable. Failing the 'shared' model the studio manager having something would suffice.

The low rent solution is an Excel (spit) spreadsheet but I can't help thinking GTD or indeed OmniFocus may do this - but I get so far with demo shopping lists and the like I can help but lose the plot.

Any tips from people running a similar system in similar circumstances (including if the OmniGroup have the solution!) most welcome.

Again, apologies if this is a bit low brow or off-topic.

leanda
2007-05-17, 04:42 AM
Hi

We've been Studiometry for a while to do this, but are currently in the process of migrating to Billings and Daylite to manage studio tasks.

The Jones Boy
2007-05-17, 06:37 AM
Many thanks leanda - I'll peep those and see how they look.

My biggest issue is always that they do rather too much more than I need :-o

Cheers!

venera
2007-05-31, 07:57 PM
"Hello!

Our company develop the synchronization between Studiometry and MS Outlook. GrabSync Studiometry plugin makes it easy to import data from MS Outlook without having to re-enter their data into Studiometry. Besides, it's a two-way sync.

I hope that it would be useful for you. Also you can request necessary features - we try to create the best plugin for you.
To learn more, please follow the link: http://www.grabsync.com/freshbooks/
or you can Email me personally: venera@grabsync.com
30-day money-back guarantee
Thank you"