PDA

View Full Version : Windows size/position and drawer location

malcom
2006-05-05, 06:17 AM
Hi devs,
I would to report these bugs:
- When you re-open Omniweb windows size and position brings back (it does not save the last window's size. I've tried to make a snapshot but nothing...)
- Drawer location still at the left and nothing will change if you try to change the direction to right: at the next startup the fu*ing drawer still on left :)

Finally Omniweb is fast! fast at startup and navigating! great work team!

Len Case
2006-05-05, 09:50 PM
Hi devs,
I would to report these bugs:
- When you re-open Omniweb windows size and position brings back (it does not save the last window's size. I've tried to make a snapshot but nothing...)

Have you tried the "Save Window Size" menu item in the "Windows" menu?
- Drawer location still at the left and nothing will change if you try to change the direction to right: at the next startup the fu*ing drawer still on left :)

Preferences -> Tab & Window Preferences
Tab drawer opens on the: (o) left (.) right
Finally Omniweb is fast! fast at startup and navigating! great work team!
Thank you!

Forrest
2006-05-06, 07:32 PM

I just ran into an issue with that. I opened up the tab drawer, then resized the window to fit the screen on my 12" PB. Then I chose "save window size" and restarted OW. The blank window opened up on the left side of the screen, instead of flushiright liked I had it.

I had the tab drawer on the left, so I figured the screen position must have included that. So I kept the drawer closed, move the window to the right side of the screen, then chose "save window size." Again, I restarted OW. The window remains flush-left. I also tried this with the window in the center of the screen - same issue.

malcom
2006-05-08, 01:12 PM

Preferences -> Tab & Window Preferences
Tab drawer opens on the: (o) left (.) right

Thank you!

not sorry. You can set it to open LEFT or RIGHT in preference.I've choosed RIGHT. Quit and re-launch omniweb and then you can see the problem. The drawer still open at left. :/

JKT
2006-05-08, 01:29 PM
Did you take a snapshot of your workspace when you had it on the left? If so, it will restore the snapshot, not the preference setting. Either start from scratch and create a new workspace and place the drawer on the right, or re-take a snapshot of the current workspace with it on the right.

Len Case
2006-05-08, 11:27 PM
I just ran into an issue with that. I opened up the tab drawer, then resized the window to fit the screen on my 12" PB. Then I chose "save window size" and restarted OW. The blank window opened up on the left side of the screen, instead of flushiright liked I had it.

I believe the issue here is the tiling of the windows--try turning off window cascade:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb OAWindowCascadeDisabled -bool YES

Len Case
2006-05-08, 11:30 PM
not sorry. You can set it to open LEFT or RIGHT in preference.I've choosed RIGHT. Quit and re-launch omniweb and then you can see the problem. The drawer still open at left. :/
The preference only affects new windows. For current windows you can change the setting by holding down alt when using the toolbar item to open the drawer.