PDA

View Full Version : Flash player 9 beta ships, no problem yet

Ilgaz
2006-05-09, 01:20 AM
Hi,

I have no clue what happened to 8.5 beta but today I see Adobe ships open beta of Flash 9

No problems here but read messages below. That thing will cause bogus crash/bug reports on 5.5 beta so I tell this: do not install if you don't need to test it as a www content developer needing actionscript 3

(I suggested installing it before but as people reporting problems with plugin itself, I removed my suggestion. Apologies)

Cortig
2006-05-09, 09:04 AM
Hi,

I have no clue what happened to 8.5 beta but today I see Adobe ships open beta of Flash 9
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/11622

The installer immediately crashes for me on 2 different Mac. I guess I won't be testing this Flash beta with OW...

Ilgaz
2006-05-09, 10:40 AM
Weird is, since that message, I keep browsing around. No single problem. Nothing..

Wise X crashes? I wonder how they managed to make it crash? This is a mystery as well as why they insist breaking disk rights while installing any product.

I take my suggestion back as there are people reporting problems on macfixit.com too.

DO NOT INSTALL/ATTEMPT TO INSTALL 9 BETA FOLKS.

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060509081811723

This thing sounds weird to me since we were supposedly testing Flash 8.5 beta (it didn't go final!) and today 9.0 beta ships.

One of the main reasons of Macromedia Flash popularity, de facto standard is : stability.

If Adobe managed to break the stability in matter of months, I can't find anything to say really.

Apologies if I created trouble.

sebid
2006-05-12, 05:14 AM
The installer immediately crashes for me on 2 different Mac. I guess I won't be testing this Flash beta with OW...

You have to move it from the disk image to your desktop. Then it works.
At least here it worked that way.

Regards,
sebid

Cortig
2006-05-12, 05:26 AM
You have to move it from the disk image to your desktop. Then it works.
At least here it worked that way.

Interesting. Good to know. I'll try that, thanks :)

Corentin

Ilgaz
2006-05-12, 05:47 AM
They manage to do it, I mean crash the most expensive software install system ever.

Wise X.

Wise people are getting bad words because of them again, their "image" effected. Misconfigured Shockwave Installer 10 was enough, now this.