PDA

View Full Version : Force to open link in a new tab

dingoltlt
2006-05-10, 01:53 PM
Sometimes happen that OW opens a link using a new window even if the options say "new tab" :)

afb
2006-05-10, 02:32 PM
Are you running sp10? This was a known bug that appears to have been fixed:
Command-clicking a link will now follow the setting for this action in the "Tab & Window" preference pane.

Handycam
2006-05-10, 03:33 PM
It would be nice to trap "target=blank" links into new tabs, too.

Forrest
2006-05-10, 03:50 PM
It would be nice to trap "target=blank" links into new tabs, too.

Those are typically links to other sites, which there is an option for.

Handycam
2006-05-10, 05:55 PM
That's not what I meant. I mean what some browsers call "single-window" mode. Where no hyperlink will open more windows, unless called by javascript (for pop-ups).

Forrest
2006-05-10, 07:48 PM
That's not what I meant. I mean what some browsers call "single-window" mode. Where no hyperlink will open more windows, unless called by javascript (for pop-ups).

Guess I'm confused. Is 'trap "target=blank" links into new tabs' not what you meant?

Handycam
2006-05-11, 06:03 AM
Tab, window... whatever's in the prefs. However, links with target=blank ignore the setting and open a new browser window. This is what I'm trying to avoid.

I would like all my links to either open in the existing window or a new tab, depending on my prefs -- and NEVER spawn a new window.

Ken Case
2006-05-11, 06:57 AM
I would like all my links to either open in the existing window or a new tab, depending on my prefs -- and NEVER spawn a new window.

We introduced a new hidden setting in sneaky peek 5 which does this, though there are some issues with this feature (e.g., it's hard to pick a right answer with respect to JavaScript's requests to size the window). See http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=141 for details.