PDA

View Full Version : Using BingoDisk: Where is OF field for WebDAV

MichaelG
2008-07-11, 05:46 PM
1. Get BingoDisk account ($20 a year for 10GB is really not much)
2. Enter BingoDisk account data in OF WebDAV sync field (http://accountname.bingodisk.com/bingo/)
3. Sync
4. Do same on iPhone/iPod Touch
5. done.

I read these directions, got excited about actually having this thing sync. It is an awesome looking program. I see where to enter the the account data in the phone, but where do I find the WebDAV sync field in OF. I have been through the preferences over and over.

Help! Thanks

dave_m
2008-07-11, 06:03 PM
Do you have OmniFocus 1.1? In preferences, there's an orange icon that should open the sync prefs. If you need 1.1, get it here. (http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnifocus/download/sneakypeek/)

MichaelG
2008-07-11, 06:12 PM
I don't. I just downloaded it it and tried to install. I got a message saying it couldn't copy to the applications file because mail something or other was enabled. I tried to go to the mail tab in OF preferences to disable that (I thought this might be what it was talking about). OF crashed. Now every time I try to click on that preferences mail tab OF crashes. I also notice that when OF launches it shows up in the menu bar.

When I try again to copy 1.1 I get an error message that says that Omni mail messages service enabler is in use.

Where next?

whpalmer4
2008-07-11, 07:17 PM
I don't. I just downloaded it it and tried to install. I got a message saying it couldn't copy to the applications file because mail something or other was enabled. I tried to go to the mail tab in OF preferences to disable that (I thought this might be what it was talking about). OF crashed. Now every time I try to click on that preferences mail tab OF crashes. I also notice that when OF launches it shows up in the menu bar.

When I try again to copy 1.1 I get an error message that says that Omni mail messages service enabler is in use.

Where next?
Quit Mail.app, try the install again, and you should be past that roadblock. It's the "Clip-o-tron 3000" that causes the hangup, I bet. I've run into this on a few installs, and each time closing the Mail application did the trick.

MichaelG
2008-07-11, 07:23 PM
Okay I took care of that. Now I'm entering the Bingodisk address and I get an error saying can't find the host. I've looked at the format like 50 times and don't see a problem.

Any suggestions from anyone? This has been a long day. I'd love to end it with OF working on my phone.

MichaelG
2008-07-11, 07:32 PM
One step at a time. I finally got it to bring up the log in form for the Name and Password, and now that won't let me through.

Nothing has come easily today. I put in a support request to the BingoDisk guys. If anyone has an idea before that I'd love to hear it.