PDA

View Full Version : Webkit and Scripts

philonous
2006-04-11, 12:57 AM
Certain pages have scripts that slow down Safari and OW dramatically. I think this is another one
http://themes.wordpress.net/?view_type=thumbnails&item_type=latest&page_number=2&count_per_page=32

How is this issue being addressed by Apple? I think we all know that www.expedia.com is simply not navigable in Webkit.

JKT
2006-04-11, 01:31 PM
Without being a regular user of either site, it is difficult to know what you mean. A very quick browse around expedia.com didn't prove at all problematic to me... what am I missing? The wordpress site didn't appear to render correctly (the buttons were overlaying the thumbnails) but speed didn't seem to be a problem. Note - I didn't have time to try out e.g. Firefox for comparison...

Forrest
2006-04-15, 02:40 PM
Without being a regular user of either site, it is difficult to know what you mean. A very quick browse around expedia.com didn't prove at all problematic to me... what am I missing?

On the home page, when type in the "leaving from" then tab to "going to" I get a SBB. That said, it used to be MUCH worse and I don't experience any issues in WebKit nor Safari. I had actually quit using a Mac to surf expedia.