PDA

View Full Version : Recurring items--do they refresh?

santra
2008-07-13, 08:50 AM
Just curious about items that are set up on the Desktop side to be recurring. Do they refresh on the iPhone as appropriate? The iPhone doesn't seem to show that kind of data--either recurring, or estimated time length data.

For instance, I have something that is set to recur every 4 hours. Will OF on the iPhone be smart enough to refresh (re-display) the item when it becomes "due" again?

blewis
2008-07-13, 09:11 AM
I have some daily items that dont appear to be refrshing on time. They either refresh on sync (after OF desktop has refreshed them) or they refresh hours late. Today I saw items scheduled to start at 12:00am(I.e. Become available today) get refreshed at 11:30am. I was no where near my sync computer.

Ken Case
2008-07-13, 07:45 PM
blewis: that sounds like a bug, please be sure to report it to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.

santra: The iPhone version of OmniFocus does understand repeating tasks even though there's no way to set them up on the phone itself. (Just as the Desktop understands that contexts have geo locations even though you can currently only set those locations on the phone.) This might be getting a little technical, but the model code is all shared between the desktop and the phone; the only differences are in the interface code.

artamuso
2008-07-13, 07:47 PM
In my case, I have several items set to recur daily. When I mark them completed on my iPod Touch, they refresh immediately, but give me two copies of the next occurrence. Is anyone else seeing that behavior?

Art

jonathanbruder
2008-07-14, 09:11 PM
blewis: that sounds like a bug, please be sure to report it to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.

santra: The iPhone version of OmniFocus does understand repeating tasks even though there's no way to set them up on the phone itself.

Please, please PLEASE make this possible from the iPhone interface. I understand the need to keep the interface clean, but this is a very useful feature, and some of us are iPhone-only :)

PSKR
2008-07-15, 06:05 AM
Blewis,

In my case, I don't own a desktop version of OF. I am a stand-alone iPhone user. Few minutes ago (9:00 am CST), I noticed one of my tasks in the INBOX turned RED (overdue). But, when I looked at the due date and time for this task, I found that I had sent the due date and time as last night 10:30 pm CST. I am not sure why it's turning RED after almost 12 hours. In my case, its not even a late SYNC as I don't use WebDAV to sync to my desktop.

Thank you.

PSKR
2008-07-15, 06:27 AM
I am a stand-alone iPhone user. I do not own the desktop version yet. So, can you please bring this feature (setting up recurring task) to the iPhone?

Thank you.

loudog40
2008-07-15, 09:33 AM
I am a stand-alone iPhone user. I do not own the desktop version yet. So, can you please bring this feature (setting up recurring task) to the iPhone?

Thank you.

I completely agree. I was a bit shocked that I couldn't do this out of the box.