PDA

View Full Version : wake iphone at due time?

johnmancuk
2008-07-14, 06:56 AM
Is there a way to wake the iPhone from sleep when a task reaches the due date and time?

Also, is there a way to only show the red 'badge' on the iphone home page, when a task is very close to deadline, ie 1 hour, 10 mins or something. I find the 24 hour minimum very limiting.

I want to use the app for task oriented alarms. I'm not syncing with a Mac.

Thanks,

John

ptone
2008-07-14, 09:57 AM
The general response to this during the development of the desktop app was that such time critical tasks be put in your calendar...

-P

johnmancuk
2008-07-14, 01:07 PM
if tasks have a due date and time there should be a way to alert the user when that time is reached! Either no due datetime, or full alert.

Personally I use tasks as transient reminders, often time-critical, and calendars for scheduling ie appointments.

LawDaddy
2008-07-14, 02:52 PM
I'll throw out a guess that the date picker is a standard OS X iPhone object, and OG doesn't have a lot of choice in what inputs are presented to the user. I noticed that it is the same picker that is used in the calendar app.

Personally, I don't want OF to ping me on dates and times, as these items are best handled in the calendar as any alarms I set are synced (and now pushed with Mobile ME) to all of my Macs and iPhone, no matter where they are entered. I do use many actions with hard due dates in OF, and having the little orange or red badges in the dock icon and menu bar item is quite enough, along with regular reviews.

Brian
2008-07-16, 11:18 PM
if tasks have a due date and time there should be a way to alert the user when that time is reached! Either no due datetime, or full alert.

We can only do this if the tools Apple give us support phone-wide notifications; unfortunately, the iPhone Software Development Kit does not do so. iCal has access to code that does these sort of notifications, but we have no access to that code.