PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent badge colors on iPhone

LawDaddy
2008-07-14, 04:33 PM
If I open iOF, I see one Due Soon next action that is properly represented as an orange (1), and no overdue items. (Yes, I am proud of myself for only having action one due soon on a Monday :) )

However, when I navigate back to the home screen, the iOF icon shows a RED (1). This red/orange behavior is consistent and tracks any changes I make. Actual overdue items seem to show properly as red. Any ideas?

Toadling
2008-07-14, 11:23 PM
I think the red badge that appears on the OmniFocus icon when OmniFocus is not running is a standard iPhone count display widget. It looks like the same one Mail uses. Since OmniFocus isn't running when you're looking at your iPhone's home screen, I'm not sure it can display anything other than the system-provided widget (which happens to always be read, regardless of what OmniFocus might want).

-Dennis

LawDaddy
2008-07-15, 07:56 AM
That would be my guess, too, as all applications are sandboxed on the phone.

Brian
2008-07-16, 09:37 PM
My understanding is that we don't have the option of any other color; just red.

fudster
2008-08-02, 11:05 PM
I understand this, but it's almost intolerable for me, not to have the ability to distinguish between overdue and duesoon actions without opening OmniFocus.

My understanding is that we don't have the option of any other color; just red.

fudster
2008-08-02, 11:37 PM
If there is no way to show an orange count in the iPhone's home screen, I think I'd like the option to display the sum of duesoon and overdue actions, and perhaps also the option to to display only overdue counts on the home screen.

I understand this, but it's almost intolerable for me, not to have the ability to distinguish between overdue and duesoon actions without opening OmniFocus.

MacBerry
2008-08-03, 02:54 AM
I'd have thought it'd be possible and desirable to have an option to select what the badge indicates (number of overdue, number of due soon, total of the two, total available actions, etc etc etc), but until Apple say otherwise, not possible to have any colour but red.

Mark

Lizard
2008-08-04, 12:27 PM
Yes, I suspect we could allow users to customize what that badge is counting. I've filed a feature request for you.

fudster
2008-08-04, 12:36 PM
Thanks Lizard! :-)

Yes, I suspect we could allow users to customize what that badge is counting. I've filed a feature request for you.

JKT
2008-08-04, 01:33 PM
How about changing the colour of the app's icon instead, or is that not possible?

Andrew
2008-08-04, 03:02 PM
If we could change the app icon dynamically, we could draw our own badge whatever color we wanted. :-)

JKT
2008-08-04, 11:19 PM
Doh! ;)