PDA

View Full Version : Spaces/app aware contexts

chinarut
2008-07-23, 06:23 AM
one of the neatest things about the iPhone is it is location aware and you've started a great trend.

I thought I'd toss the idea out there for the iPhone to go into a "Spaces-aware" and/or application-aware mode.

This could happen on 3 levels:

Leopard spaces
Mac OS X apps
tabs in Firefox

I have contexts like @Facebook, @email, @Search, @Calendar and it would be cool if as I was jumping around my desktop, my iPhone will automatically update itself to each of these contexts I am in.

This is probably something slated after the official 1.1. release but might as well get the noodle going! ;)

Stormchild
2008-07-23, 07:55 AM
How would the iPhone know which space you're in? And if you're at your computer, why are you using the iPhone version of the app?

chinarut
2008-07-23, 05:13 PM
well - i imagine you could create a sophisticated daemon on the desktop that would communicate with the iPhone.

there is an advantage to having dual displays. the iPhone happens to be a handy "task display/manager" of sorts.

you can be using your desktop as you normally and OF onthe iPhone display would update appropriately.

I'm not saying I have all the answers and/or have it all figured out - I'm just putting it out there for the community to chat about what's possible - so thanks for chiming in :)