View Full Version : iphone crashes on load
2008-07-28, 10:24 AM
i need some hints on how to proceed with OF iphone. As of today after the latest sync OF crashes on loading. Its OF 1.0.1 on an iPhone 2G 2.0.
After the lastest sync OF crashes every time it is started. I've no idea how to reset OF. I tried rebooting (aah ,those old Windows days...) but still OF crashes reliably.
Any ideas how to reset the OF database on the iPhone?
2008-07-28, 10:32 AM
Can you do me a favor and look for files with "OmniFocus" in their name in any of the folders inside this one on your computer?
<your home folder>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice
That's where the iPhone crash reports are placed when you sync your phone with iTunes. If you can send along any crash reports you find there, we may be able to determine what's happening and fix the problem.
It would also be helpful to know the following things:
- are you using OmniFocus for iPhone in conjunction with the Mac application or by itself?
- does the application just refuse to start, or do you see a 'loading...' screen for a while before the application shuts down?
Normally, you can reset the OmniFocus database with the "Reset Database" button in the Settings pane, but it sounds like you're not even getting that far.
You could try backing up and restoring your iPhone through iTunes, but I don't know if that's likely to make a difference.
If you delete the OmniFocus app from your iPhone (press the icon until it wiggles and then tap the X), and then copy it over from iTunes again, it should delete your database and then you can sync it back down from your WebDAV.
2008-07-28, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the quick answer!
Regarding your questions:
1) I will sync the phone with itunes and look for the crashlogs. Where exactly do you want me to email those?
2) I'm syncing with the latest Mac OF alpha
3) The app comes to the loading screen who goes to about 25% of the bar, then the app crashes after some moments of nothingness(tm)
4) Yes, i don't even get near the settings menu. I will try the app deletion procedure when i have the crash logs.
2008-07-28, 11:08 AM
2008-07-28, 11:28 AM
Email is on it's way...
BTW, the attached screenshot shows how far i get with OF currently...
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.