PDA

View Full Version : Actions disappear from iPhone when syncing

v.bampton
2008-09-19, 11:59 PM
To minimize the problems, I'm down to just syncing my desktop and iPhone at the moment. I'll bring the laptop back into the mix once it's all working nicely again.

I got the sync running great on a local webdav server. It works perfectly all day, and the desktop remains on overnight. When I then come to sync my iPhone in the morning, it wipes all of the actions from my iPhone!

If I then try to sync again, they never reappear. The only thing I can do is wipe the database from the iPhone, sync the desktop overwriting the server, and then use the server copy to update the iPhone. It works, but it's becoming a bit of a pain to do every day.

Is there anything I can do to avoid it?

Andrew
2008-09-21, 04:10 PM
Is this just the inbox? Offhand, it sounds like either the phone or the desktop is auto-filing stuff in the inbox (default is to not auto-file on the desktop, and to auto-file on the phone if either project or context is set, but those settings can be changed).

v.bampton
2008-09-21, 10:08 PM
Hi Andrew

No, every single task from every project and context was disappearing. It was like I'd reset the database.

For the moment, I've gone back to a single desktop + iPhone, syncing to a MobileMe account, and so far so good.

I did try the coalesce script somewhere along the line. I'm pretty sure I tried it before I gave up, but maybe that was what solved it.

I'll try it again in the next couple of days once I've caught up with a backlog of work, and see whether I can still reproduce the problem.