The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPhone (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   OmniFocus 1.5.2 for iPhone is now available! (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13056)

BrianM 2009-07-21 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=AnthonyBaker;63088]Question: If I'm using Mobile Me, but am tied to my company's Exchange account, am I sh*t out of luck for the calendar notifications? Am assuming (sadly) so.[/QUOTE]

I use both Exchange and MobileMe calendars on my iphone and have never had trouble receiving alerts from either one, so my guess is that you'll have no problem. As far as I can tell, the two systems work relatively independently: any alerts from Exchange will work as usual, and any alerts from OmniFocus will be processed by the MobileMe calendars. (Note that alerts won't appear on all your Exchange devices (i.e. in Outlook) and will just be on your phone or other device connected to MobileMe.)

Nicolas_Thomsen 2009-07-22 12:17 AM

It looks like it only works if you add tasks from the iPhone or at least sync the iPhone app so that the tasks are in there?

Greg Jones 2009-07-22 01:55 AM

Anyone know what happened to 1.5.2? Ken posted that it was available about 10 hours ago, but it doesn't appear in the App store this morning.

gerry 2009-07-22 04:44 AM

I checked several times last night and never saw it available. So perhaps it just hasn't hit the store yet?

djo 2009-07-22 06:26 AM

[QUOTE=Greg Jones;63111]Anyone know what happened to 1.5.2? Ken posted that it was available about 10 hours ago, but it doesn't appear in the App store this morning.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and re-downloaded version 1.5.1 and I got the new 1.5.2.
Guess there is some kind of caching issue in iTunes.

Greg Jones 2009-07-22 06:35 AM

[QUOTE=djo;63129]I went ahead and re-downloaded version 1.5.1 and I got the new 1.5.2.
Guess there is some kind of caching issue in iTunes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that worked-thanks!

gerry 2009-07-22 06:58 AM

"Ahh... the old iTunes caching issue trick"
-M. Smart

binduwavell 2009-07-22 07:00 AM

Setting up calendar alerts in OmniFocus 1.5.2 for iPhone

Forgive me for being dense, but how do we set this up? I have 1.5.2 on my phone, I'm using MobileMe. I've enabled synching with MobileMe in OF... I've enabled calendar synching on my MM account in prefs.

This doesn't seem to have done anything. I assume I need to add a webdav/caldav entry on the iphone but am not clear what settings to use, I have not been able to find any instructions on how to do this, can someone provide a pointer to docs on how to make this work?

Thanks,

-- Bindu

Greg Jones 2009-07-22 07:06 AM

Go into the settings screen in 1.5.2 (the 'i' on the toolbar) and under 'Dates' there is the option to setup calendar export. I've just set it up and had the alarm notification for a task-very slick! I like this feature a lot. Too bad this wasn't released a couple of weeks ago as I now no longer need Prowl on the iPhone.

chriswitt 2009-07-22 07:06 AM

[QUOTE=binduwavell;63133]Forgive me for being dense...

This doesn't seem to have done anything. I assume I need to add a webdav/caldav entry on the iphone but am not clear what settings to use, I have not been able to find any instructions on how to do this, can someone provide a pointer to docs on how to make this work?

Thanks,

-- Bindu[/QUOTE]

I'm dense too! :D Is there a document showing how to utilize this new DueSoon.ics calendar? Do we subscribe to it from our iPhones, or in iCal?

Thanks for any help!

-Chris