The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rapid entry of Actions (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=17615)

RKII 2010-08-26 04:08 AM

Rapid entry of Actions

Hey Guys,

I've already had a chat to an OF rep about this and he's placed the issue into the feature request list. However, I wanted to get some more opinions.

iPad is a portable device, and for me, most of the times I am in meetings and want to enter project details very quickly. With other popular apps (Taska and ToDo), it's as easy as hitting enter in the same textfield for every new action (task).

Do you guys feel a need for this feature?

I know for me it is the ONE thing that is holding me back from purchasing the app. Apart from this vital feature, almost everything about this is app is absolutely brilliant!

RiK 2010-08-26 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=RKII;84315]Do you guys feel a need for this feature? [/QUOTE]

Definitely. I think I'd like to see something similar to the way iThoughtsHD handles it for adding child elements to a mind map.

A single click on return is a new line, but a further double click closes that item and adds another blank one.

Maybe when adding tasks a quick double click on return could add that task and automatically create a new one ready for the next item?

mihdic 2010-10-30 04:36 AM

Yes having a way to rapidly enter items when brainstorming or noting things during a conversation or meeting would be great.

ksrhee 2010-10-30 05:31 AM

[QUOTE=RiK;84362]Definitely. I think I'd like to see something similar to the way iThoughtsHD handles it for adding child elements to a mind map.

A single click on return is a new line, but a further double click closes that item and adds another blank one.

Maybe when adding tasks a quick double click on return could add that task and automatically create a new one ready for the next item?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps one way to do it is to have the rapid entry shortcut and a entry box appears where each line is interpreted as a new item. When you close the entry box, then all new items show up in inbox.

policarpo 2010-10-30 07:47 AM

Yes rapid entry of Tasks would be great to have. I really like the way it's implemented in Taska for iPad.

gopi 2010-10-31 05:03 PM

I concur. The iPad is not as good a capture device as it could be without this.

RKII 2010-11-06 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=policarpo;88306]Yes rapid entry of Tasks would be great to have. I really like the way it's implemented in Taska for iPad.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Taska does this really well!

imlad 2010-11-08 10:36 AM

+1 The quickest way to enter tasks, the better.

GeoffAirey 2010-11-09 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=gopi;88339]I concur. The iPad is not as good a capture device as it could be without this.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a fault with the iPad, neither is it a fault with OF.

the thread is requesting a faster way to enter multiple actions into OF.

Victor1 2010-11-28 08:09 AM

I too would love to see a quick entry box, sometimes I need to enter 10-12 items and it is tedious to close and open the input box.