The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to Sort by Due Date? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=20320)

bonzo 2011-03-03 09:36 PM

How to Sort by Due Date?

1 Attachment(s)
I've been saving up itunes gift cards and finally just got OmniFocus for iPad.. woohoo!

However, I'm stumbling over a very simple but critical sorting question.. how do I sort the context view by "Due Date" ?

Attached is a screenshot.. all I want is the list of tasks in the order of when I have to do them by (due date). How is this done?

Thanks!

Brian 2011-03-04 02:07 PM

The app doesn't have support for changing the sort order, but we do have a feature request open on adding it; folks who're interested in having that feature should email the [EMAIL="omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com"]support ninjas[/EMAIL].

All other things being equal, items with more customer interest tend to get assigned higher priority, so emailing helps a lot. Thanks!

whpalmer4 2011-03-04 02:12 PM

Bonzo,

if you are also running the Mac version of OmniFocus, you can set up a perspective that will display your context view sorted by due date. Unfortunately, there's no UI on the iPad version yet to build a perspective, but I can help you do that; send me a private message. The Omni support folks would probably be willing to help if you ask them nicely, too (and enough such requests might encourage the support folks to light a fire under the developers!)

glamgirl 2011-09-09 05:05 AM

sort by due date please!

I can't believe this feature doesn't exit.

I just want to sort by due date within my project views. I don't want to jump through hoops to do it.

CatOne 2011-09-09 06:34 AM

Note that forecast view is already doing something like this: It's grouping stuff by due date.

And creating a perspective on the Mac and then using it on the iPhone version works very well for this; I've been doing it for over a year.

kknorpp001 2011-10-18 03:42 PM

[quote=glamgirl;101552]i can't believe this feature doesn't exit.

I just want to sort by due date within my project views. I don't want to jump through hoops to do it.[/quote]
+1

kknorpp001 2011-10-18 03:43 PM

[QUOTE=CatOne;101553]Note that forecast view is already doing something like this: It's grouping stuff by due date.

And creating a perspective on the Mac and then using it on the iPhone version works very well for this; I've been doing it for over a year.[/QUOTE]
Problem is forecast view doesn't have context so how can I see what I should do first of the things I can do in my current context.

Brian 2011-10-20 04:35 PM

Happy to add your feature request. As an aside, please refrain from "+1" posts; they fall under point #2 of our [URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16307"]forum rules[/URL].

If your two posts were combined, that would be fine, obviously. Thanks!

Christian 2011-10-20 07:43 PM

I love how you have a separate christmas context. I am really not looking forward to all that stress again..

aurora 2012-05-05 08:52 PM

Hi guys, i just bought the OmniFocus for iPad and I need this sort by due date in Context badly.

ie: I'm at home, so i want to see what tasks I have from Home context. Its very disorganized without sorting by due dates. I have tasks that due Today at the bottom of the list, and tasks without Due dates at the top, basically its unsorted and very disorganized.

Another issue is that I have many tasks under Misc. Project [B]without[/B] Start/Due dates because I want to do them whenever I have the free time. But these items do not show up in the Forecast. The only way is to either go to the Project/Context, but again its unsorted making it very disorganized.

Also I can't set priorities as there is no such function except to flag them... How do i rank actions by just flagging them??