The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Mail clipping: no attachments in Lion [A: caused by change to Mail.app in 10.7] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21718)

lgallerano 2011-07-26 08:09 AM

Mail clipping: no attachments in Lion [A: caused by change to Mail.app in 10.7]

I am running Lion and have been able to get the clip o tron to work, but the mail attachments are not coming over. I read a post that this had been addressed in 1.9.1 so I downgraded to see if that would work...it didn't.

That said, I can manually attach files in Omnifocus...which would be fine for the time being, BUT attachments in the action items do not get replicated to the iPhone app. This is a feature that is critical to my work as I'm on the road a lot and need to be able to reference documents on my iPhone.

Does anyone know how to fix these problems? I have exchanged emails with support regarding the clip o tron, but not the iphone attachments. PLEASE HELP! I need this functionality back ASAP.

Lizard 2011-07-26 02:21 PM

By default, when you drag an attachment into OmniFocus, it creates a link. If you want the file actually in your database (so it can be synced to your iPhone), you need to hold down Option while you drag. (Your mouse cursor will get a green plus badge instead of the curvy arrow.)

menza 2011-07-27 10:30 AM

I am having the same problems. Attachments were copied over in Snow Leopard. I cannot drag the file from mail and press the option key at the same time.

wreising 2011-07-28 07:37 AM

Same here. No amount of uninstall and reinstall of the Clip-o-Tron will get the attachments to follow the message into OF.

FMiguélez 2011-07-28 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=menza;100019]I am having the same problems. Attachments were copied over in Snow Leopard. [B] I cannot drag the file from mail and press the option key at the same time.[/B][/QUOTE]

Have you tried grabbing the file normally (click and drag) and only press option (or control for links) just before you release it into OF?

merpublic 2011-07-29 05:01 AM

Same problem

Just to +1 this- I'm having the same trouble. Have tried all the usual solutions.

Brian 2011-07-29 03:05 PM

Sorry for the trouble! Email the [EMAIL="omnifocus@omnigroup.com"]support ninjas[/EMAIL]; we'll be happy to investigate/help.

dennismccarthy 2011-08-02 06:24 AM

Yup. Doesn't work.

Same problem here. And dragging email from Lion Mail to OF also more than a little flaky. Seems to be no way to get emails to come over with their attachments!

John Bramhall 2011-08-19 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=Lizard;99985]By default, when you drag an attachment into OmniFocus, it creates a link. If you want the file actually in your database (so it can be synced to your iPhone), you need to hold down Option while you drag. (Your mouse cursor will get a green plus badge instead of the curvy arrow.)[/QUOTE]

"Send to Inbox" sends over the e-mail message body but not the attachments. I see this deficiency was noted 2-3 weeks ago, but I wonder if there's a solution yet. Clearly, the ability to move the combined email body plus attachments to OF, with one command, that was a feature of OSX 10.6 was extremely useful and it would be great to recover this function in 10.7.

daltongreen 2011-08-20 05:19 AM

+1 for needing fix for Clipotron attachments

I agree, I truly miss the ability to clip both an email and its attachment into Omnifocus. Losing the ability to do this has really hampered my workflow. I am hoping for a solution soon.