The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniGraffle for iPad (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Stumped- Move Magnet Position? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16355)

rmogull 2010-06-02 09:45 AM

Stumped- Move Magnet Position?

Anyone know if/how we can move where a line connects to an object? Been running all through the settings and haven't been able to find it yet.

Thanks

Joel 2010-06-02 10:20 AM

Magnet manipulation on the iPad isn't in place yet, we hope to add it either via an inspector popover or via a magnet tool for a future release.

Magnets that have been positioned in OmniGraffle on the Mac will work as expected when those files are opened up on the iPad, however.

rmogull 2010-06-02 10:30 AM

Thanks Joel, I'll just clean it up on the Mac then.

Dave54967 2010-09-24 10:48 AM

Looking forward to this, and just dropping a quick note to bump it up half a point on your priorities. ;)

SteveW 2010-10-15 12:04 AM

Moving connections

Have omnigraffle on my Mac love it

But the pad version won't keep connectors stationary in the centre of boxes.

Where can I lock them to the shapes they join.

SteveW 2010-10-15 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=SteveW;87473]Have omnigraffle on my Mac love it

But the pad version won't keep connectors stationary in the centre of boxes.

Where can I lock them to the shapes they join.[/QUOTE]

Have been able to copy and paste the wireframe example box and connectors and they perform as expected... But a fix would be good

wireboy 2010-12-08 07:31 AM

Magnet control is critical

I would also like to add my voice to the call for making the addition of magnet control to the iPad version the highest possibly priority.

I love the product but find that I simply can't use it in my work without that capability.

Keep up the great work on the app. I would love to be able to do a day's IA work without leaving my iPad!

dave256 2010-12-09 05:35 AM

[QUOTE=wireboy;90155]I would also like to add my voice to the call for making the addition of magnet control to the iPad version the highest possibly priority.

I love the product but find that I simply can't use it in my work without that capability.

Keep up the great work on the app. I would love to be able to do a day's IA work without leaving my iPad![/QUOTE]

You need to send an email to OmniGroup for your vote to get entered in their system. They do use that feedback to prioritize their work so please send them an email. And yes, I also already requested magnet support.

dannythefool 2010-12-28 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=wireboy;90155]I would also like to add my voice to the call for making the addition of magnet control to the iPad version the highest possibly priority.

[/QUOTE]

If that's all you need it to do in order to do your work with it, you can add little invisible boxes to your objects and pretend they're magnets. Just group everything up and it'll be almost the same experience, just a little more clumsy ;-)

It won't pick the closest magnet for you but it does help with the whole "my connector connects to the belly button of my penguin instead of the tip of its beak" type situation.