The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   Applying OmniFocus (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Context with multiply geolocations? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22460)

vitvit2002 2011-10-25 02:53 AM

Context with multiply geolocations?

With iOS5 new feature "Location Notification" it's very useful to be alarmed by OmniFocus for iPhone when getting certain place. But what if that place have multiply addresses? For example @Grocery shop: I have 4 grocery shops around my house and might be near one of them. Is it possible to set more then one location for context or maybe there is another workaround for this situation?
I know that I can set Google search result as a location, but Google isn't almighty and doesn't know every exact place, business, shop and so on.

Grail 2011-10-25 02:31 PM

Geolocation contexts are only useful for single locations. You might try setting up separate contexts for each grocery shop with a reminder to check the @grocer context? This could help get you in the habit of checking OmniFocus when you go to any grocer :)

vitvit2002 2011-10-25 10:15 PM

[QUOTE=Grail;103337]Geolocation contexts are only useful for single locations. You might try setting up separate contexts for each grocery shop with a reminder to check the @grocer context? This could help get you in the habit of checking OmniFocus when you go to any grocer :)[/QUOTE]
I can check OmniFocus on the way to the grocery shop without any location notification, it's obvious.
There are a lot of examples when context could have multi-locations: shops, car repairs, banks with departments in every part of the city and so on. In the such case location notifications would be more useful, especially if you often and randomly move throught the city.

Brian 2011-10-26 01:53 PM

We've got a feature request open on the ability to set multiple locations for a given context. I'll add your post to that item in our development database, vitvit2002, so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see this added. (The number of folks asking for a given change is one of the metrics we use when planning our work.)

Thanks!

vitvit2002 2011-10-26 09:33 PM

[QUOTE=Brian;103369]I'll add your post to that item in our development database, so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see this added.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Brian!
Looking forward to get this feature in OmniFocus.

Mondozer 2011-12-29 12:57 PM

+1 for this feature.

nayamuwa 2011-12-29 04:23 PM

+1 for this feature.

madJeanne 2012-04-12 11:45 AM

Multiple locations for contexts (with notifications when near any of them) is the whole reason I switched to OF. It is now useless to me :-( Please please add!

whpalmer4 2012-04-16 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=madJeanne;109435]Multiple locations for contexts (with notifications when near any of them) is the whole reason I switched to OF. It is now useless to me :-( Please please add![/QUOTE]

How can it be the whole reason, when it has never been present? If you feel that you were misled, Omni does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.

leo 2012-04-18 06:14 PM

+1 4 this too!