The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   Applying OmniFocus (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Tomorrow's Perspective (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=30758)

Anna_123 2013-09-13 01:50 PM

Tomorrow's Perspective

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a tomorrow's perspective. I have one for today, but at the end of the day, I would really like to be able to see what I've scheduled for the next day.

My feeling is that this is possible only in Preview on the ipad. Unfortunately, I do not have the ipad version for OF.

Thanks in advance.

Lizard 2013-09-13 03:45 PM

Which version do you have? iPhone or Mac?

wilsonng 2013-09-13 07:47 PM

It does not appear that the forecast view will be introduced into OmniFocus 1. You can get the forecast view in the forthcoming OmniFocus 2.

The Forecast view is present in the iPhone and iPad edition. This is how I get tomorrow's forecast.

Anna_123 2013-09-14 10:15 AM

I have version 1.10.4 of OF for Mac. I have a MacBook Air.

Anna_123 2013-09-14 10:37 AM

Yes, that's what I thought that with OF 1.10 I won't be able to get the tomorrow's to do list. Hope the new version is released soon.

I wonder if anyone has been able to find a way to work around the current limitations of OF.

[QUOTE=wilsonng;127187]It does not appear that the forecast view will be introduced into OmniFocus 1. You can get the forecast view in the forthcoming OmniFocus 2.

The Forecast view is present in the iPhone and iPad edition. This is how I get tomorrow's forecast.[/QUOTE]

wilsonng 2013-09-14 06:18 PM

You can create a context perspective like this:

Select from menu View > Context Mode

Hopefully you'll have the view bar which shows the filters for Context, Grouping, Sorting, Availability, Status, and Estimated Time Filter. If you don't see those settings directly underneath your toolbar, you can select menu View > Show View Bar

Then set the settings to:

Context Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Start
Sorting: Due
Availability Filter: Remaining
Status Filter: Any Status
Estimated Time Filter: Any Duration

You'll see your tasks in context mode sorted first by start date and then due date. You can change the grouping and sorting for start date or due date depending on your preference.

You'll see groupings for
> Start any time
> Started more than a year ago
> Started within the last year
> Started within the last 6 months
> Started within the last 3 months
> Started within the last month
> Started within the last week
> Started yesterday
> Started today
>Start tomorrow

.... this will keep going into the future....

You can click on the disclosure triangles on the left side of these groups to collapse every grouping except for "Start tomorrow."

Then you can save this perspective through the menu bar Perpsectives > Save Window As > New Perspective

Type a name for this perspective. Now it is saved in your Perpsective menu. You can always select this perspective whenever you want to see tomorrow.

Anna_123 2013-09-15 07:21 AM

Thanks, wilsonng. This is helpful.

wilsonng 2013-09-16 01:34 AM

you're welcome. I usually like to see the next 7 days. So my perspective collapses all the other grouping. Then the only groupings I keep expanded are "start tomorrow" and "start within the next week".

If this is a commonly used perspective, you can control-click on the toolbar and select "Customize toolbar..." Then you can drag and drop your new perspective into the toolbar.

Now you can just click on the toolbar icon for your perpsective and it'll instantly go to that perspective.

The review perspective in OmniFocus 2 and iPad 2 are truly awesome. I'd rather use that. But at least this new perspective will be helpful for OF1 USERS.