The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniWeb Bug Reports (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [bad bug] flickr organizer is not working (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=1644)

misu 2006-09-06 08:37 PM

[bad bug] flickr organizer is not working

sorry, the flickr organizer is not working in ow 5.5 final. this is realy a bad thing. i understand when it is not working in a beta, but not in the final. for me a reason to left ow. sorry:( :( :(

Len Case 2006-09-07 12:46 AM

As was explained in the previous thread--this is a problem with WebKit which is Apple's framework that we build upon for OmniWeb--caused by a recent change in flickr.

We had to ship 5.5 at some point and it is unfortunate that the point we choose happened to coincide with a bad bug in flickr--but 5.5 is so much better than 5.1.3 for the vast majority of websites that it didn't seem fair to force all our customers who don't use beta software to wait until flickr worked before they could get all the advantages of 5.5.

Shipping 5.5 is not the end of work on OmniWeb--we are already hard at work on 5.5.1 with a bunch of improvements (and some regressions) already.

misu 2006-09-07 11:20 AM

i hope for 5.5.1, because flickr is not a little community. flickr is a big community and it is not realy good, that ow does not work with flickr.

Josue Salazar 2006-09-08 08:37 AM

It works, just not the organizr.

misu 2006-09-08 08:49 AM

yes, but on flickr we need the organizer

Stormchild 2006-09-09 05:41 AM

The Flickr organizer works fine for me in OW 5.5. I saw an earlier report about this during the betas, and it worked fine for me at that time too.

I open the organizer, and all my photos are at the bottom. I can drag them up to the main area, or back down to the bottom. I can edit dates, add tags, add the photos to a set.

What's the problem exactly? It would help to have more detailed info about what I should be testing, because it seems to me that there is no problem with the organizer at all.

misu 2006-09-09 10:34 AM

strong. the organizer is not working for me, no photos, no link is working and so on

all settings are on default.

philby 2006-09-13 11:23 PM

Flickr Organizer also does not work for me in OW 5.5. Everything stays empty, not even the links at the top of the page work.

Stormchild, what are your settings for Flickr (I set everything to "on")? And: are you certain you're using OW 5.5, as even OmniGroup says it does not work?

Len Case 2006-09-14 09:02 PM

I don't know for a fact whether it works or not...obviously we are getting conflicting reports on that. My original response was to the fact that we needed to ship 5.5 even if it didn't work.

TommyW 2006-09-14 11:17 PM

Works fine for me, organizer and 5.5 final. And I have it present as OmniWeb too in the site prefs.