The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniWeb General (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Sites Added in Site Preferences, But I Didn't Add Them (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13017)

forum member 2009-07-11 12:48 PM

New Sites Added in Site Preferences, But I Didn't Add Them

I've noticed this happening before, every once in awhile. Lately, it's been happening more regularly. When I open the Bookmarks window (cmd-B), and select Site Preferences, domains are listed there whose site preferences I haven't changed. How are these slipping in?

marlwin 2009-07-20 02:26 AM

you're probably under the curse of Hangzhou decoration

forum member 2009-11-02 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=marlwin;62993]you're probably under the curse of Hangzhou decoration[/QUOTE]

I probably wouldn't be so rankled by this comment, except that it's the [i]only[/i] reply.

tonza 2009-11-03 01:54 AM

[QUOTE=forum member;62504]I've noticed this happening before, every once in awhile. Lately, it's been happening more regularly. When I open the Bookmarks window (cmd-B), and select Site Preferences, domains are listed there whose site preferences I haven't changed. How are these slipping in?[/QUOTE]

Are there any items with a blue dot beside them in those "new" site preferences? At least ONE marked item in the Site Preferences pane should show up if there are any site preferences configured for its network domain.

--tonza

forum member 2009-11-03 04:52 AM

[QUOTE=tonza;69215]Are there any items with a blue dot beside them in those "new" site preferences? At least ONE marked item in the Site Preferences pane should show up if there are any site preferences configured for its network domain.

--tonza[/QUOTE]

No blue dots. I don't understand what you mean, however, when you say "configured for its network domain." Whose network domain?

troyb 2009-11-03 03:31 PM

Have you ever changed site preferences for these domains? Are they also stored in your bookmarks? If you add a site preference and then remove it does it go away?

forum member 2009-11-07 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=troyb;69254]Have you ever changed site preferences for these domains? Are they also stored in your bookmarks? If you add a site preference and then remove it does it go away?[/QUOTE]

1. No. I haven't ever changed the preferences for these domains: as I said in my original post "...domains are listed there whose site preferences I haven't changed."

2. No. They aren't in my bookmarks.

3. Yes. If I add a site preference and then remove it, the site preference goes away.

troyb 2009-11-09 10:07 AM

We have a bug on this, sorry for the inconvenience. Another option you can try if you don't want to set a preference for each site and then remove it is to quit OmniWeb, browse to the application support folder: <~/library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5> and remove the "groups.plist" file. This should get you back to an accurate state but you will lose any custom collections (if any) that you've added.