The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Preferences disabled?! (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9433)

-aleks- 2008-08-17 11:22 AM

Preferences disabled?!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

I have a strange issue with the preference pane in OF: The Tab "Data" and "Sync" are Partially disabled (greyed out). I've already tried to delete the whole app (even created a script which deleted all files related to OF) and reinstalled it, but without any result.

I've already sent an email to OF-Support, but same issue as most people are experiencing: due to the great demand, no reply.

Hope you guys have an idea what is going wrong. Thanks.

Alex

PS: Attached some screenshots to clear things up.

whpalmer4 2008-08-17 11:37 AM

Two troubleshooting suggestions:

1) did you try the Reset button on the Sync preferences pane?
2) have you tried installing in a newly created user account?

-aleks- 2008-08-17 12:22 PM

1) Reset has no effect. Both tabs stay disabled.
2) New user account has no problems: here the tabs work as designed. So there must be a user setting file in my profile which is somehow "corrupted". However I've already deleted every omnifile I could find (in su mode with a "find / -iname *omni*") and reinstalled OF: without result

Lizard 2008-08-17 01:16 PM

You need to have the default document (~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus.ofocus) open for these tabs to work.

-aleks- 2008-08-17 11:13 PM

Do you mean I have to reinstall OF, change the settings and then restore my DB?
But then I can only change the settings this way? Or is it fixed then?

boris.baesler 2008-08-18 08:32 AM

Hi Aleks,

as far as I get it, you only have to make sure that your open document is at the default location as Lizard mentioned.

But I read something in the release notes of the last SneakyPeak, that Omni fixed something about not recognizing documents in a non-case-sensitive environment. So maybe your problem is fixed by the latest version ...

Regards
Boris

Edit:
If you open OmniFocus by starting the App and not by clicking on some .ofocus file, it should have the default location.

-aleks- 2008-08-18 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=boris.baesler;45049]Edit:
If you open OmniFocus by starting the App and not by clicking on some .ofocus file, it should have the default location.[/QUOTE]

That's the case: I always start OF with the application button, or to be honest, I always start OmniFocus Application from Spotlight (but that's the application for sure).

-aleks- 2008-08-18 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=boris.baesler;45049]
But I read something in the release notes of the last SneakyPeak, that Omni fixed something about not recognizing documents in a non-case-sensitive environment. So maybe your problem is fixed by the latest version ...
[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not: The last SneakyPeak pulled the trick! I've just installed it and all preference tabs are working again.

Thank you all for your help!