The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OS 10.6 - Clipping Shortcut problems [Thread Deprecated] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13575)

wolfneuralnet 2009-08-26 07:00 AM

OS 10.6 - Clipping Shortcut problems [Thread Deprecated]

I installed the alpha 1.7 in hopes of getting mail clipping back in SL.

Is this not supported at all in 1.7, or is there no way to get this to work with Mail 4.0?

Thanks for any clues.

The other changes look great, and I am happy to have perspective syncing!

xmas 2009-08-26 09:23 AM

When you launched SL Mail you should have gotten a window that said something like, "OmniMailMessageEnabler could not be verified....etc".

If you take a recent OmniFocus 1.7 sneakypeek and go into Preferences->Clippings, you should be able to re-install the Clip-o-tron 3000 which will install an updated version that should work with the SL version of Mail.

Let us know via Send Feedback if this doesn't work for you and any error messages you might see.

(You can check to see if it's installed by looking at ~/Library/Mail, and you'll see a folder called Bundles, and you might alse see "Bundles (Disabaled)" which is where the old version got put)

We're double checking the defaults.... but you may need to enable the OmniFocus Clipping Service in System Preferences > Keyboard > Pick Services from the List, then find and enable OmniFocus.

Bonus: When this all works on Snow Leopard you can just right-click on a message in mail and you'll see the clipping service at the bottom of the context menu, in case you're bad with hot keys (like me).

wolfneuralnet 2009-08-26 09:43 AM

Thanks xmas - turning on the Clipping Service under Text seems to have enabled it. I restarted mail a few times too, so I am not sure that didn't contribute to fixing the problem as well...

Nice to have the contextual menu option as well!

Thanks for the help...

xmas 2009-08-26 10:33 AM

You'll always have to restart Mail after installing or uninstalling the Clip-o-tron, but OmniFocus should prompt you about that.

Have fun clipping!

tom.mancino 2009-08-28 10:48 AM

OF1.7 /OS 10.6 - Clipotron shortcut fails on conflict w/built-in [Investigating]

Anyone else having Clipotron issues under 1.7 and Snowleopard? I re-installed the Clipotron as mentioned under the release notes. I can right click an email message in mail and see the the option to clip - which works. However, clicking my shortcut key doesn't do anything. I have made sure the key isn't in use somewhere else and that my keyboard is set to use the FN key as a FN key. It just beeps, nothing else happens. I have sent an email to tech support - but thought I would post here as well, in case someone else is having the same problem. BTW, I can see the action in keyboard shortcuts under applications, but there is no checkbox. I can also see it under text but when I try and associate a shortcut key with this, it won't accept it. Is that normal? Thanks.....

dwsmith 2009-08-28 11:19 AM

This has not worked for me... when will a fix be made to the program? I am a bit surprised that we are facing this problem.

xmas 2009-08-28 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=dwsmith;65480]This has not worked for me... when will a fix be made to the program? I am a bit surprised that we are facing this problem.[/QUOTE]

If you're having specific issues contact the support team using "Send Feedback" from the Help menu.

omnibob 2009-08-28 03:11 PM

Not sure if related, but after reinstalling the clipotron, I get:

"Incompatible Plug-ins Disabled. Mail has disable the following plug-ins: Growl Mail. Contact the makes of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 4.0 and Message 4.0"

That may or not be relevant.

Anyway, my "--" emails are processed by Mail at least partially (I added turning the message(s) yellow as one step), but are not showing up in OF 1.7.

Bob

xmas 2009-08-28 03:22 PM

The message about Growl Mail has to do with Growl Mail. If you get a message about "OmniMessageEnabler" then it's the Clip-o-tron.

If you go to ~/Library/Mail/Bundles, you'll see all the bundles that Mail is loading. Bundles (Disabled) is where Growl Mail is probably hanging out now.

If you look at Growl Mail's Info.plist and *DON'T* see the following:

[code]
<key>SupportedPluginCompatibilityUUIDs</key>
<array>
<string>225E0A48-2CDB-44A6-8D99-A9BB8AF6BA04</string>
<string>B3F3FC72-315D-4323-BE85-7AB76090224D</string>
</array>
[/code]

then Growl Mail hasn't updated for 10.6 yet. You could try sticking this in and moving it back to the Bundles directory, but you should probably contact them directly.

As far as your Mail rule processing, you should contact us via Send Feedback, but you can try making sure that you only have copy of OmniFocus installed on the system (sometimes LaunchServices gets confused about which app version to use).

omnibob 2009-08-28 03:47 PM

Thanks. I quit using Growl, but obviously haven't cleaned up the remnants.

I only have one copy of OmniFocus on my computer.

I also sent OG help, but neglected to mention that fact in my post. I just updated the ticket stating I have only one copy of OF on my computer.

Bob

Brian 2009-08-28 04:03 PM

It sounds like Tom is seing something slightly different than I am on my 10.6 machine - not sure why that is, so if he could please email the [EMAIL="omnifocus@omnigroup.com"]support ninjas[/EMAIL], we'd love to investigate this.

Just in case other confused folks land in the thread, though, and at risk of stating the obvious, I belive Snow Leopard turns all keyboard shortcuts assigned to services off by default.

If folks open the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, select "Services" in the sidebar, and check the "Text" section of the services list, does "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" have a checkbox next to it?

The list isn't alphabetical, so you may have to scroll around a bit to find it.

tom.mancino 2009-08-28 06:42 PM

Brian,
I have emailed the ninja's. Just to clarify, I do see the text entry for Omnifocus:Send to Inbox in services and it works. The application shortcut Omnifocus: Send to Inbox is set with F12 but no box to enable it. Is that normal behavior? I get a growl helper attempt to pop autorelease pool in the console when trying to use the F12 (not consistently though) and it just beeps. Hope that helps.

omnibob 2009-08-28 07:16 PM

I just reported this to the ninjas.

"Incompatible Plug-ins Disabled

Mail has disabled the following plug-ins:

OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler

Contact the makers of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 4.0 and Message 4.0."

omnibob 2009-08-28 07:29 PM

I got the Send to OmniFocus Mail Rule working now, and told the ninjas.

I recreated the rule.

I just realized I've been posting in a thread about a different thing (clipotron). Sorry, in all the confusion, I kinda lost track.

Bob

KG6BGJ 2009-08-28 07:43 PM

Clip-O-Tron 3000 not installing under 10.6

So after choosing to install the Clip-O-Tron 3000 under OF v1.7.1, it doesn't work. It's not even in /Library/Mail/Bundles or Bundles (Disabled). Checked the console and see the following:

8/28/09 8:24:08 PM OmniFocus[926] Failed to install '/Users/jrogers/Library/Mail/Bundles/OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler_106.mailbundle' from '/Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/Resources/OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler_106.mailbundle'

What to do here? I guess I'll manually copy the file...

UPDATE: After manually copying the file, it still doesn't work... guess i'll try repairing permissions with Disk Utility...

xmas 2009-08-28 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=tom.mancino;65539]Brian,
I have emailed the ninja's. Just to clarify, I do see the text entry for Omnifocus:Send to Inbox in services and it works. The application shortcut Omnifocus: Send to Inbox is set with F12 but no box to enable it. Is that normal behavior? I get a growl helper attempt to pop autorelease pool in the console when trying to use the F12 (not consistently though) and it just beeps. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Try looking with Services selected in the sidebar, and scroll down to the "Text" grouping.

snpower 2009-08-29 04:24 AM

I'm getting the same console message after installing the clip-o-tron:

8/29/09 8:22:48 AM OmniFocus[441] Failed to install '/Users/snpower/Library/Mail/Bundles/OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler_106.mailbundle' from '/Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/Resources/OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler_106.mailbundle'

tom.mancino 2009-08-29 06:58 PM

I still get this same message.

Failed to install '/Users/snpower/Library/Mail/Bundles/OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler_106.mailbundle' from '/Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/Resources/OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler_106.mailbundle'

However it does appear in the Mail/Bundels folder. As far as I can tell the service works, just not the application shortcut that is tied to my hotkey F12. I can't seem to add a shortcut to the service in the system pref pane - even though it appears when I righ tclick on an email as Omnifocus:Send to Inbox F12. It does appear in application shortcut, and I think this might be the expected behavior? Very weird.

tom.mancino 2009-08-29 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=xmas;65553]Try looking with Services selected in the sidebar, and scroll down to the "Text" grouping.[/QUOTE]

This is not an issue. It is enabled in services and applications.

calumma 2009-08-29 11:32 PM

solution?

[QUOTE=tom.mancino;65635]However it does appear in the Mail/Bundels folder. As far as I can tell the service works, just not the application shortcut that is tied to my hotkey F12. I can't seem to add a shortcut to the service in the system pref pane - even though it appears when I righ tclick on an email as Omnifocus:Send to Inbox F12. Very weird.[/QUOTE]

Same issue here on new Snow Leopard installation. Clipping services works, but application shortcut does not. Solved by opening preferences in OmiFocus and choosing clippings shortcut again. To be clear, the clipping shortcut indicates the selected key is set - it just doesn't work in mail.

Click in the clipping shortcut selection box and press the key of choice (even the same key as before). Voila, all works again.

snpower 2009-08-30 04:10 AM

[QUOTE=calumma;65638]Same issue here on new Snow Leopard installation. Clipping services works, but application shortcut does not. Solved by opening preferences in OmiFocus and choosing clippings shortcut again. To be clear, the clipping shortcut indicates the selected key is set - it just doesn't work in mail.

Click in the clipping shortcut selection box and press the key of choice (even the same key as before). Voila, all works again.[/QUOTE]

This does not work for me.

tom.mancino 2009-08-30 04:45 AM

[QUOTE=calumma;65638]Same issue here on new Snow Leopard installation. Clipping services works, but application shortcut does not. Solved by opening preferences in OmiFocus and choosing clippings shortcut again. To be clear, the clipping shortcut indicates the selected key is set - it just doesn't work in mail.

Click in the clipping shortcut selection box and press the key of choice (even the same key as before). Voila, all works again.[/QUOTE]

This didn't work for me...will keep trying. Thanks.....

villan 2009-08-30 01:45 PM

Same problem here..

1. Tried removing and reinstalling clipotron - No change.
2. Tried re-entering the shortcut from within OF - No change.
3. Tried re-entering the shortcut under Keyboard -> Services - No Change.

Currently I can add items to inbox via the right click menu item, and the menu item even shows the right keyboard shortcut next to it. They keyboard shortcut just doesn't work.

dwsmith 2009-08-31 07:16 AM

I have written support... just got an auto response so far... not contact other than that.

xmas 2009-08-31 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=villan;65681]
Currently I can add items to inbox via the right click menu item, and the menu item even shows the right keyboard shortcut next to it. They keyboard shortcut just doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

What shortcut key combo are you using?

(Since Apple did a major Services overhaul, my guess is that something changed in the way shortcut keys are handled, and that's why it's working for some folks and not for others.)

tom.mancino 2009-08-31 05:42 PM

[quote=xmas;65743]what shortcut key combo are you using?

(since apple did a major services overhaul, my guess is that something changed in the way shortcut keys are handled, and that's why it's working for some folks and not for others.)[/quote]

F12 - I have tried several others but they are not working.

Brian 2009-08-31 06:14 PM

Tom - just for the purposes of experimentation, have you tried assigning a shortcut that doesn't involve a function key? You may have already tried this; just being thorough. :-)

Does something like option-control-6 work, for example?

On my machine, OmniFocus' preferences accepted a clipping shortcut of F12, even though that was already bound to the "Show Dashboard" item in System Preferences. It's behaving in a manner similar to what folks are describing - F12 shows up in the context menu. The entry shows up in correct spot in the shortcuts list in System Preferences, but there's no checkbox and pressing that button on the keyboard doesn't work.

So perhaps the problem is that there's a shortcut conflict - something else is already bound to the shortcuts that folks are trying?

whpalmer4 2009-08-31 06:16 PM

I know that cmd-shift-, works in SL, you might try that as a way to determine whether the issue is with your shortcut choice or something about your installation/account.

Brian 2009-08-31 06:46 PM

Ah, I see what's going on - if the "Show Dashboard" keyboard shortcut is left assigned to F12, but the box to the left of that item in the shortcuts list is checked, OmniFocus will pop up a "You can't assign that shortcut" dialog if I try to use F12 for clipping.

However, if I uncheck the box next to the "Show Dashboard" item in System Preferences, OmniFocus will let me assign that shortcut. It doesn't actually work, and I get pretty much the results that folks are describing - shortcut appears in context menus, but there's no box next to the item in the System Preferences list.

Basically, it looks like conflicting shortcuts put something in OmniFocus or 10.6 into a bad state. Even if I choose a different shortcut in OmniFocus now, it doesn't work. Also tried checking the box next to "Show Dashboard", then setting that to something ridiculous like control-option-command-shift-F12 and un-checking the box next to it; I still wasn't able to set OmniFocus' shortcut to anything and get it to work.

In any case, I'll make sure the team knows we can reproduce the problem now - that'll help them a lot. Very sorry for the trouble this is causing!

KeithFK 2009-08-31 07:25 PM

I've never used this service before, and I'm not having any luck right now. I'm running 1.7.1 v77.34 r118148 on Snow Leopard.

What does "Services selected in the sidebar" in one of xmas' posts above mean?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the clip-o-tron several times, but the system seems to be telling me it's not loaded:

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x122da70 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_Leopard NSBundle </Applications/OmniFocus 1.7.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -2741;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {1849, 7};
}

Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

Brian 2009-08-31 07:48 PM

Keith, xmas was talking about the left-hand portion of the "Keyboard Shortcuts" tab of the "Keyboard" pane of System preferences.

If you select "Services" in the list you see there, and scroll down a bit, do you see "OmniFocus: Send To Inbox" in the "Text" section of the list on the right-hand side?

whpalmer4 2009-08-31 07:54 PM

As I recall, I was able to get F12 to work by first reassigning the show dashboard thing to F13, then assigning the OmniFocus clipping function to F12. I don't remember what method I used to put the dashboard function on F13.

Brian 2009-08-31 07:54 PM

Combining this thread with the other one on the same subject. DW, we got a lot of email over the weekend, but the ninjas are chewing through it as quickly as we can.

Does the information in the thread I'm moving your post to match what you're seeing?

genewade 2009-08-31 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=xmas;65553]Try looking with Services selected in the sidebar, and scroll down to the "Text" grouping.[/QUOTE]

I found this worked for me. Specifically, unchecking the one listed under Text grouping did the trick.

KeithFK 2009-08-31 09:55 PM

Brian - thanks for the clarification. Nothing is working for me with the OF clippings. All other services seem to work fine, although there were some cases in which some menu items were in a different language than English!

I think I give up for the time-being - maybe I'll just wait until a couple of software updates come out. Thanks for the help, though.

ssh 2009-09-02 12:07 PM

Clipping broken in Snow Leopard?

Starting this morning, I can no longer clip. Email sent to support, but has anyone seen this (and, hopefully, solved it)? I see the keys in System Prefs, but regardless of how they're set, they do not work... Ideas?

ext555 2009-09-02 01:12 PM

sorry no solutions .. just a me too .

MacSparky 2009-09-02 01:24 PM

Me too. I can clip using the services menu entry. It even shows my predefined keyboard shortcut. It just doesn't clip when I press it. This is true in all apps: Safari, mail, etc..

If it makes any difference in Mail I get a Mail Act-on note saying there is no keyboard shortcut for this combination.

I also downloaded and installed the most recent sneaky peak in hopes it would bring back my beloved keyboard shortcut. No luck.

whpalmer4 2009-09-02 02:15 PM

Is everyone who is having trouble using Mail Act-On? And what keyboard shortcuts are being used?

jgastin 2009-09-02 02:33 PM

I use Act-on, and clippings have been broken all along in 1.7 and 1.7.1.

I just use the default control-option-/ for clippings. This works in apps other than Mail, but fails in Mail with the Act-on message.

tom.mancino 2009-09-03 05:27 AM

[QUOTE=Brian;65773]Tom - just for the purposes of experimentation, have you tried assigning a shortcut that doesn't involve a function key? You may have already tried this; just being thorough. :-)
[/QUOTE]

This and several other combos did not work.....

ssh 2009-09-03 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=Brian;65784]Keith, xmas was talking about the left-hand portion of the "Keyboard Shortcuts" tab of the "Keyboard" pane of System preferences.

If you select "Services" in the list you see there, and scroll down a bit, do you see "OmniFocus: Send To Inbox" in the "Text" section of the list on the right-hand side?[/QUOTE]I see nothing when I click "Services". Perhaps this is the reason I can't clip (from anything) using the OmniFocus keys? I'm not sure how to set it up since nothing is there...?

ssh 2009-09-03 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Brian;65525]It sounds like Tom is seing something slightly different than I am on my 10.6 machine - not sure why that is, so if he could please email the [EMAIL="omnifocus@omnigroup.com"]support ninjas[/EMAIL], we'd love to investigate this.

Just in case other confused folks land in the thread, though, and at risk of stating the obvious, I belive Snow Leopard turns all keyboard shortcuts assigned to services off by default.

If folks open the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, select "Services" in the sidebar, and check the "Text" section of the services list, does "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" have a checkbox next to it?

The list isn't alphabetical, so you may have to scroll around a bit to find it.[/QUOTE]I don't see anything at all when I select Services (see image). Any idea how to fix this?
[ATTACH]1058[/ATTACH]

Nikemkballer 2009-09-03 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=jgastin;65960]I use Act-on, and clippings have been broken all along in 1.7 and 1.7.1.

I just use the default control-option-/ for clippings. This works in apps other than Mail, but fails in Mail with the Act-on message.[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight clipping messages from mail into omnifocus on snow leopard does NOT work?

Thanks

cjlemonier 2009-09-03 08:02 PM

I am using Snow Leopard and it works for me. I had a problem initially where the keystroke would not activate it. I went into OmniFocus and "reset" the keystroke and it started working for me.

Hope that helps...

whpalmer4 2009-09-03 08:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's how mine looks. Did you try the Restore Defaults button?

ssh 2009-09-03 10:20 PM

I did. No change. Nothing at all in the window!

Nikemkballer 2009-09-03 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=ssh;66080]I did. No change. Nothing at all in the window![/QUOTE]

I had a lot of problems with getting the short cut of the keyboard to work but I finally figured out one that works great....

command/shift/z

once you put that keyboard shortcut into the preferences window than restart Mail and it should work! It worked great for me finally!

ssh 2009-09-03 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=Nikemkballer;66081]I had a lot of problems with getting the short cut of the keyboard to work but I finally figured out one that works great....

command/shift/z

once you put that keyboard shortcut into the preferences window than restart Mail and it should work! It worked great for me finally![/QUOTE]*sigh*

No joy. Thanks, tho.

CNY 2009-09-04 10:01 AM

not working for me, either

...and i don't use "Act-On". Haven't tried clipping from other apps, but tried resetting in Omnifocus and restarting mail and it still won't work. I use cmdF12 as the keystroke.

whpalmer4 2009-09-04 10:16 AM

Okay, so Mail Act-On doesn't appear to be the culprit. How did the users who have non-functional clipping install their Snow Leopard setup? Clean install, or upgrade? I did a clean install, and have had no clipping issues.

dchen 2009-09-04 02:37 PM

It used to work after I reinstalled the Clip-o-tron (upgraded to 7.1) but not anymore today. Interestingly I didn't change or install anything new.

The shortcut is not working, I removed it and add it back still not working. Reinstall it - not working too.. sigh. I tried all the steps suggested here, still not working too. I couldn't get my mail to omnifocus cause my inbox build up. Sigh ... Let me try resinstall omnifocus.

UPDATED: reinstall this time 1.7.2 - no luck. It's still not working. Doh..

Brian 2009-09-04 03:42 PM

SSH, if you're seeing nothing at all in that panel - if the shortcuts for Apple's own applications aren't showing there - it may not be something we can address in our code. (It sounds like the services system in general is having trouble, basically.)

You may want to swing by your friendly local genius bar and see if they have any information about what's going on here. Sorry for the trouble. :-/

ssh 2009-09-04 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=Brian;66142]SSH, if you're seeing nothing at all in that panel - if the shortcuts for Apple's own applications aren't showing there - it may not be something we can address in our code. (It sounds like the services system in general is having trouble, basically.)

You may want to swing by your friendly local genius bar and see if they have any information about what's going on here. Sorry for the trouble. :-/[/QUOTE]Brian, thanks, and you're exactly right. I just spent some time with Apple's Experts, and here's what fixed it:[LIST=1][*]Delete the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist[*]Delete the Cache files (~/Library/Caches and /Library/Caches)[*]Boot with the PRAM clearing (hold Command-Option-P-R immediately after hitting the power button)[/LIST]Booted up after that and the Services were back... and OmniFocus clipping was working. Looks like it's probably the caches, but I did all of those things under the instruction of the Expert who was working with me.

ratdog 2009-09-04 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=ssh;66143]Brian, thanks, and you're exactly right. I just spent some time with Apple's Experts, and here's what fixed it:[LIST=1][*]Delete the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist[*]Delete the Cache files (~/Library/Caches and /Library/Caches)[*]Boot with the PRAM clearing (hold Command-Option-P-R immediately after hitting the power button)[/LIST][/QUOTE]

This worked for me thank you

ext555 2009-09-05 11:49 AM

couldn't find " caches and " ?

curt.clifton 2009-09-05 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=ext555;66200]couldn't find " caches and " ?[/QUOTE]

Huh?

That's two separate cache directories in step 2.

dchen 2009-09-05 09:25 PM

Thanks. It's working now.

Splinky 2009-09-06 12:35 AM

I'm having the same problems, but mine have not been solved by any of the solutions put forward here, including cache deletion and PRAM clearing.

Within OF, it shows the clipping shortcut set as F5. The support bundle for the clipotron is installed, and is within Mail's app support folders.

But within the the Preference Pane, I can see the entry about clipping to OF, but there is no shortcut associated with it. If I try to add one from here, it doesn't 'take'.

Net result is that I can clip using the contextual menu, but not the keyboard shortcut.

zero 2009-09-07 06:16 AM

Changing language solved the (my) problem

Hi there

My system language was set to German. After I had a look into the ~/Library/Mail/Bundles/OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler_106.mailbundle and saw that there is no german localization folder I changed the system language to English and voilą: the OmniFocus clipping shortcut worked again. You need to logout and re-login after the change...

Hope that helps
zero

John Bramhall 2009-09-07 07:37 PM

Clipping from the Mail list works fine in SL; the information stays in OF, but is lost when the original Mail message is deleted (and the trash is emptied). Is there a way to clip and enter a copy of the mail message, rather than a link? This distinction is made in Finder by the way - Mail messages moved to file locations in Finder are permanent - even when the original is deleted.

peedy 2009-09-08 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=ssh;66143]Brian, thanks, and you're exactly right. I just spent some time with Apple's Experts, and here's what fixed it:[LIST=1][*]Delete the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist[*]Delete the Cache files (~/Library/Caches and /Library/Caches)[*]Boot with the PRAM clearing (hold Command-Option-P-R immediately after hitting the power button)[/LIST]Booted up after that and the Services were back... and OmniFocus clipping was working. Looks like it's probably the caches, but I did all of those things under the instruction of the Expert who was working with me.[/QUOTE]

This worked for me.

Splinky 2009-09-09 01:00 AM

Is there likely to be an OmniFocus point release that resolves this issue? While some have had success with the solutions put here, I haven't!

Ken Case 2009-09-09 03:10 AM

As far as we can tell, there's nothing more we can do in OmniFocus to resolve these issues: the remaining issues are with 10.6 itself, not with OmniFocus.

Splinky 2009-09-09 10:36 PM

Thanks Ken, I appreciate your response.

Looks like we're relying on 10.6.1. Fingers crossed!

wolfneuralnet 2009-09-10 01:28 PM

Looks like 10.6.1 is out - only problem is that it mail 4.1 kicks out the Clip-o-tron.

Any idea when that might be updated? Running 10.6.1 and 1.7.3

phillychuck 2009-09-10 04:43 PM

I can confirm this as well - I just lost Clip-o-tron

xmas 2009-09-10 05:13 PM

[url]http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost.php?p=66585&postcount=2[/url]

I think we have a new release and/or sneaky peek going out. In the meantime this post goes over a work around.

wolfneuralnet 2009-09-10 05:42 PM

FYI - The latest sneaky-peak I saw (v77.41.1.0.118691), although the release notes say it fixes this, still has the bundle kicked out upon restart on my machine.

ksrhee 2009-09-10 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=wolfneuralnet;66599]FYI - The latest sneaky-peak I saw (v77.41.1.0.118691), although the release notes say it fixes this, still has the bundle kicked out upon restart on my machine.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I have to reinstall 1.73 and apply the work around. Now I updated to 1.74, but the preference panel says install Cliptron even though it's already installed. When I push install, it breaks the bundle again.

So, I left it alone in my second go around, and it works. However, this should be fixed in the next version.

matiascuba 2009-09-10 10:23 PM

I can just confirm this shortfall of cliipings in 10.6. One thing I noted too is that in the services menu you cannot use Shift-Key to create a short cut. I have been using Shift-< in Omnifocus for a long time. Also tried all of the above clearing caches, changing shortcuts, disabling and enabling a gain in the services menu etc. Nothing worked.

calumma 2009-09-11 07:59 AM

10.6.1 Disables clip-o-tron

Looks like the update to mail 4.1 (in OS 10.6.1) has caused more problems for the clip-o-tron. Mail now disables the plugin upon launch.

Ken Case 2009-09-11 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=calumma;66642]Looks like the update to mail 4.1 (in OS 10.6.1) has caused more problems for the clip-o-tron. Mail now disables the plugin upon launch.[/QUOTE]

The Clip-O-Tron is fixed in the latest [URL="http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnifocus/download/sneakypeek/"]OmniFocus 1.7.4 sneaky peek[/URL]. (You can reinstall it from there, then return to the stable 1.7.3 build if you like.)

Arrow 2009-09-11 12:24 PM

Just installed the sneaky peek and it allows me to right click on the mail item and use the service to clip to the inbox. But ctrl-k doesn't work. It just highlights the lowest item in the mail inbox.

derekr 2009-09-11 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Arrow;66658]Just installed the sneaky peek and it allows me to right click on the mail item and use the service to clip to the inbox. But ctrl-k doesn't work. It just highlights the lowest item in the mail inbox.[/QUOTE]

We've found that quite a few Ctrl-* shortcuts aren't working. You may want to try something else for a bit.

Arrow 2009-09-11 01:31 PM

Do you have any suggestions for other shortcuts that you know work? I don't have any personal or unique shortcuts set up for anything else.

I've tried alt-k, ctrl-alt-k, alt-z, and a couple of others and can't get any of them to work.

I entered the new shortcut in the clippings box and then quit and started mail. I also tried quitting and restarting both OmniFocus and Mail.

No luck with any of them.

Ken Case 2009-09-11 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Arrow;66664]Do you have any suggestions for other shortcuts that you know work?[/QUOTE]

My shortcut is working on 10.6: Shift-Command-Comma.

Arrow 2009-09-11 01:54 PM

Thanks! That worked.

Makes my day. The Clip-O-Tron is my favorite OmniFocus feature.

Sandpiper 2009-09-13 02:47 AM

Have followed suggestion about Sneeky Peek 1.7.4 and "re-installed" the plug in. On my MacBook Pro I use ctrl click and I get the send to OF inbox option which appears to work. I say appears since the following error message popped up at my first attempt:

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x125c3e0 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_Leopard NSBundle </Users/dodecaphonic/Desktop/OmniFocus1.7.4.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -2741;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {1843, 7};
}

Just gone back to try again and error message no longer appears. But that is because I have now gone back to 1.7.3.

To conclude:
When clipping to 1.7.4 the error message appears but it seems that the main window of OF comes in front of mail with the quick entry window on top.

When clipping to 1.7.3 the error message appears but it seems that the main window of OF does not comes forward but the quick entry window is on top of my mail window.

Splinky 2009-09-13 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=Ken Case;66665]My shortcut is working on 10.6: Shift-Command-Comma.[/QUOTE]

I have had continual problems with the clip-o-tron - particularly its keyboard shortcut activation - on Snow Leopard.

I tried this exact key combo, and what do you know, it works!

Clearly I am following in the footsteps of greatness - thanks Ken!

KiltedGreen 2009-09-14 05:06 AM

Thanks!

I'm running 1.7.3 and OS X 10.6.1 and was having no joy at all with the 'Copy' shortcut from Mail and this is one of THE most used features in OF so I was a tad distressed. Saw Ken's comment about 1.7.4 so I followed it and Bingo! it's all working beautifully. All the other Clip-O-Tron installs produced errors from Mail but now it installs and works as it should and Mail's Services options show my Shortcut. I'm using Ctrl+Option+C as I always have with 10.5 and it's fine.

Thanks so much.

P.S. I've reverted the app to 1.7.3 and it still works too.

Whew! :-)

connie 2009-09-14 06:10 PM

services not working

I have not been able to get the copy shortcut working. I have read all the posts, upgraded to 1.74 and it still doesn't work. I fear I may be having trouble with SL -- I no longer have services functioning in any application. When I click on services for any application it simply says "building." Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks!

coolie21 2009-09-16 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=connie;66884]I have not been able to get the copy shortcut working. I have read all the posts, upgraded to 1.74 and it still doesn't work. I fear I may be having trouble with SL -- I no longer have services functioning in any application. When I click on services for any application it simply says "building." Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks![/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat here. Previously on 1.73 it was working perfectly under 10.6.1. On changing to 1.7.4 it doesn't. In the services pref pane the Omnifocus:Send to Inbox is still checked.

No luck reinstalling the clipotron either, Mail just disables it

Brian 2009-09-17 04:49 PM

Connie, it sounds like you may be having the issue talked about in [URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost.php?p=66143&postcount=54"]this post[/URL]: if services are entirely non-functional, it's a Snow Leopard issue. If you have trouble getting those steps to work, you may want to print that post out and head to your local friendly Genius Bar.

Coolie21, if Mail is still unhappy about the mail plugin in 1.7.4, it means that an older one is still installed somewhere. If you open up
~/Library/Mail/Bundles (and the subfolders) do you see a file with "Omni" anywhere in the title?

If so, quit both OmniFocus and Maill, move that file to the trash, and then try reinstalling the clip-o-tron from OF's preferences. (Be sure you're running 1.7.4 when you do so.)

dmjglen 2009-09-17 07:47 PM

I have the same issues and have tried downloading Clipotron 3000 without success?? I'll try upgrading to 1.7.4? -ahha this fixed my problem excellent!!

Getting this message

Incompatible Plug-ins Disabled
Mail has disabled the following plug-ins:

OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler

Contact the makers of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 4.1 and Message 4.1.

blueruin 2009-09-18 10:11 AM

Tried everything. Don't have time for this.

Wake me up when this is fixed.

In the meantime, you may want to remove the blue "Snow Leopard Ready!" banner from the website. Just a thought.

Brian 2009-09-18 10:39 AM

Blueruin - it's not clear which problem you're having. Currently, we're aware of the Snow Leopard "[URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost.php?p=66143&postcount=54"]blank services prefs pane[/URL]" bug (not something we can fix), or the "[URL="http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost.php?p=66898&postcount=20"]Mail changes in 10.6.1 broke the clipping plugin[/URL]" problem.

The latter is pretty easy to fix, but we're happy to help you sort this out if the steps that have worked for other folks aren't working for you. Feel free to give us a call at 800.315.OMNI at your convenience.