The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Repeating options? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=5970)

Chris 2008-01-24 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=Lizard;31746]gary & sabeke: you can get a Monday/Thursday repeat by having 2 tasks; one on Monday and one on Thursday and have them each repeat every 1 week.[/QUOTE]

You can, but this is a horrible kludge.

And if you do this, every time you need to edit your tasks (which could be complicated, multi-action tasks) you have to edit multiple entries, or edit one and re-clone it all over again. Ugh.

smithsamuel 2008-01-26 12:21 PM

Please Please Please Please make this feature a priority. Rich repeating tasks are essential to truly integrating tasks with real world calendar. Can't do it with iCal as iCal only allows repeating events (time) not tasks. Completely non GTD paradigm to shoe horn events for tasks.

sabeke 2008-01-29 04:46 AM

[QUOTE=Chris;31780]You can, but this is a horrible kludge.

And if you do this, every time you need to edit your tasks (which could be complicated, multi-action tasks) you have to edit multiple entries, or edit one and re-clone it all over again. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Chris. Having multiple copies of the same task just so they will show up on different days seems like to perfect solution for NGAD (Not Getting Anything Done). :)

DFHarwood 2008-03-12 03:18 AM

[QUOTE=smithsamuel;31945]Please Please Please Please make this feature a priority. Rich repeating tasks are essential to truly integrating tasks with real world calendar. Can't do it with iCal as iCal only allows repeating events (time) not tasks. Completely non GTD paradigm to shoe horn events for tasks.[/QUOTE]

To be completely functional in any meaningful sense, this capability for repeating tasks is just essential. Please address it soon.

smithsamuel 2008-03-20 09:48 AM

Rich Repeating Tasks

The most disappointing feature hole for OmniFocus is the lack of rich repeating tasks like first monday of the month etc.

At least two other GTD paradigm tasks managers (Things and EasyTask) have this level of repeating tasks.

Its so basic and useful. I don't understand why the developers don't make it a high priority.

smithsamuel 2008-03-20 09:50 AM

Repeating Options

Ditto. Please ASAP

smithsamuel 2008-03-20 09:51 AM

Exactly. Absolutely essential feature. Don't know why its still not a high priority

Toadling 2008-03-20 02:48 PM

This would be a nice addition. Although, I must admit that so far, the existing level of control has been sufficient for my needs.

Dogsbreath 2008-03-21 06:28 AM

Consider my woe then:

I need to have a repeating task for the penultimate banking day of the month!

Oh woe is me!!

pturner 2008-07-24 08:45 PM

I don't know if posting to this forum counts as a vote for a feature but this feature seems key for me. 1 More vote.