The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniPlan General (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Version 2.0 Release Plan / Features? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=12558)

cwingrav 2009-05-18 06:01 PM

Version 2.0 Release Plan / Features?

Is there any information you have about the next version and what features will be in that version... or what features have been requested? I see from some posts that there is some feature request tracker but is that publicly available?

I know you don't always want to put this out bc then you get people saying, "why didn't you include this feature?" (i.e. push email notification anyone). However, it would be nice to have some idea, at least a general release schedule so I know when to look for an update.

Thanks,
-chad

pslade 2009-05-19 12:07 PM

I have the same questions. We have multiple licenses of OmniPlan and are wondering what the 2.0 feature will be.

We are watching project wizards Merlin v2.7 gain iPhone integration, central plan storage and collaboration, and we are feeling like OmniPlan is falling behind in functionality.

Any news of features and timelines would be much appreciated.

acitrano 2010-03-25 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=pslade;60055]I have the same questions. We have multiple licenses of OmniPlan and are wondering what the 2.0 feature will be.

We are watching project wizards Merlin v2.7 gain iPhone integration, central plan storage and collaboration, and we are feeling like OmniPlan is falling behind in functionality.

Any news of features and timelines would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

He asked, a year ago. ;)

pslade 2010-04-04 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=acitrano;75060]He asked, a year ago. ;)[/QUOTE]

So did I. Your point?

Greg Titus 2010-04-09 10:06 AM

We're aiming for ship of OmniPlan 2.0 "mid year 2010", and can't really comment on unannounced products, although I think the particular people asking here will be happy with the feature set.

Leif 2010-04-10 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Greg Titus;75684]We're aiming for ship of OmniPlan 2.0 "mid year 2010", and can't really comment on unannounced products, although I think the particular people asking here will be happy with the feature set.[/QUOTE]

Sounds nice! :)

samj 2010-04-20 04:26 AM

Beta availability?

[QUOTE=Greg Titus;75684]We're aiming for ship of OmniPlan 2.0 "mid year 2010", and can't really comment on unannounced products, although I think the particular people asking here will be happy with the feature set.[/QUOTE]

Tossing up between Merlin and OmniPlan and suspect that I might make a different decision after the 2.x release (I love OmniGraffle and the Omni products in general but it's a bit lightweight for what I have in mind)... "mid year 2010" could be as early as next month or as late as 4-6 months from now.

Will there be a beta any time soon?

Sam