The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus Syncing (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Bug - Projects won't sync direction from ipad-->mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=17814)

hews 2010-09-06 03:44 AM

Solved - Projects won't sync direction from ipad-->mac

Hi guys,

i have found a bug:

when I [U]create[/U] an new project on the ipad and want to sync with the mac, the new projekt [U]won't arrive[/U] on the mac.

The other direction works fine (when I [U]create[/U] an new project on the mac and want to sync with the ipad, the new projekt [U]will[/U] arrive on the ipad)

Renaming works fine too, when I [U]rename[/U] an existing project on the ipad and want to sync with the mac, the changes in the name [U]will[/U] arrive on the mac).

[U]Workaround: [/U]Create new projects only on the mac

[U][COLOR="Red"]Any ideas?[/COLOR][/U] Have you got the same problem?

I use OF 1.7.5 on the mac and 1.01 on the ipad

ifonline 2010-09-06 06:03 AM

I'm not so sure this is a bug with the software as much as it's something wrong with your particular setup. I just created a project on the iPad, synced the iPad, synced the Mac, and the new project showed up on the Mac. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Have you contacted support?

Ken Case 2010-09-06 06:14 AM

Is it possible that your Mac is focused on a subset of your project list? If you select "All Items" from the Perspectives menu, do you see the new iPad projects?

hews 2010-09-06 07:16 AM

Hi guys,

thank you, i solved the problem

@Ken: I already had selected all items, that didn't help me
@ifonline: yes, there was sth wrong with my setup, with another account on my computer all was ok.

Solution:
via menu "View" I selected teh side-filter an let the system show all projects. Then all was ok.
But I still think this is a little buggy or very hidden in the menu ...
I I select azt the sidemenu than i want to see all project the in want (!!) see all projects and dont want so seek deep in the menues other options to sho me my projects..

Thank you very much! Now all is ok.:)

Hews

omni-F-user 2010-09-06 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=hews;85020]Hi guys,

i have found a bug:

when I [U]create[/U] an new project on the ipad and want to sync with the mac, the new projekt [U]won't arrive[/U] on the mac.

The other direction works fine (when I [U]create[/U] an new project on the mac and want to sync with the ipad, the new projekt [U]will[/U] arrive on the ipad)

Renaming works fine too, when I [U]rename[/U] an existing project on the ipad and want to sync with the mac, the changes in the name [U]will[/U] arrive on the mac).

[U]Workaround: [/U]Create new projects only on the mac

[U][COLOR="Red"]Any ideas?[/COLOR][/U] Have you got the same problem?

I use OF 1.7.5 on the mac and 1.01 on the ipad[/QUOTE]

Having similar issues but with the iPhone. I was able to sync all data from Mac to iPhone but nothing I do on my Iphone syncs with Mac. Ipad? Forget about the iPad, it can't sync with either the iPhone or Mac. :(

omni-F-user 2010-09-06 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=Ken Case;85025]Is it possible that your Mac is focused on a subset of your project list? If you select "All Items" from the Perspectives menu, do you see the new iPad projects?[/QUOTE]

Ok, this solved the issue, I see now all the data on my iphone on my mac and vice-versa.