The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus for iPhone (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   OmniFocus 1.5.2 crashes with iPhone 3.1 [Fixed in 1.5.3 update] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13805)

Ken Case 2009-09-11 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=beharkey;66650]Has that update already been submitted to the App Store?[/QUOTE]

We're working on that right now; it should be submitted within the hour.

Brian 2009-09-11 02:04 PM

I'm able to avoid the crashes on my device by going to the "Map" tab on the nearby screen, and then go to the home screen from there, rather than going straight from the list view to the home screen. That work for anyone else?

beharkey 2009-09-11 02:09 PM

Yes, Brian. I have figured out that is a work-around as well.

So, it seems that when using the location button and sorting as a list, then going back to the OmniFocus home screen is when the app crashes.

If in the location screen, I use the map and then go to the OF home screen, no crash.

mishos 2009-09-12 08:14 AM

Thanks for the work-a-round.

I'm having the same intermittent issue with my app as well.

Here are my specs:
iPhone 3G, updated to OS 3.1
Omnifocus app v 1.5.2

Thanks!

cam 2009-09-13 11:01 PM

I'm running an old school iPhone with the 3.1 update installed. I just bought Omnifocus and it is amazingly buggy. The app right now is frozen in the locations tab, when I try to hit the home button or go back to projects it crashes. I really like Omnifocus on my mac and would love to sync data with my iPhone...but feel like it was a big mistake to spend $20 for software that feels pre-alpha.

niels 2009-09-14 04:09 AM

Workaround found

Until Apple approves the patch Omni has done, I was able to find a workaround. It seems the problem stemmed from that I had been on the nearby screen before updating to 3.1 & thus it starts there (3GS BTW).

WARNING: If you don't have the Desktop OmniFocus & sync to MobileMe or other WebDAV, this will delete all your data on the phone & potentially not be restorable.

I completely uninstalled OmniFocus on my phone (real easy now with iTunes 9). I then re-installed it, copied my sync config from my desktop OmniFocus & it began pulling down the DB.

Hopefully this can help some people, though please heed the warning as it is a wrecking ball approach.

Ken Case 2009-09-14 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=cam;66804]I'm running an old school iPhone with the 3.1 update installed. I just bought Omnifocus and it is amazingly buggy. The app right now is frozen in the locations tab, when I try to hit the home button or go back to projects it crashes.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, this crash was introduced within the last week with the iPhone OS 3.1 update. It took us a day or two to figure out that it was happening and what the issue was, but then we immediately submitted an OmniFocus 1.5.3 update to Apple (on Friday) and wrote asking that they expedite the approval process for this particular update.

Apple wrote back Saturday morning to let me know that they're in the process of reviewing the update, and will keep me posted as to its status. (Haven't heard any updates from them since then, so I think it's reasonable to assume they're still in that process.)

Hopefully we'll see it soon, but in the meantime try the workaround Brian mentioned earlier: [B]if you're stuck with crashes when trying to leave the Nearby List screen, try switching to the Map view[/B] (using the tab at the top of the screen) before leaving the screen.

Chuck 2009-09-15 10:44 AM

fixed -Thanks

Updated my touch to 3.1 yesterday (held off for a bit cause I was afraid it might cause problems :) but got tired of dismissing the update available message.) The crashing problem cropped up today. Checked the forums saw this thread and the notice of the 1.5.3 update. Synced / updated my touch and happy days are here again.

I love Omnifocus. Ditched my Palm and bought my iPod touch just to be able to have a mobile version and am glad I did.

One thing I'm impressed with is how active you guys are with working to improve the program, keeping tabs on the forums, giving advice, and responding quickly to problems.

phlange 2009-09-18 08:37 PM

This started happening with me on the very same day my trial version of the desktop OF expired.

queenofspades 2009-09-19 03:48 PM

Crashing like a maniac here as well using the iphone upgraded to 3.1. seems to be stuck. everytime I launch the iphone app it goes to the map/context screen and crashes when I try to navigate away.

Over and over and over. Is the update downloadable at the App Store yet?