The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Items still getting accidentally deleted from the inbox ? (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6099)

ext555 2007-12-05 05:30 PM

Items still getting accidentally deleted from the inbox ?

anyone else had this happen [as of 691 I'm still seeing it ]

inbox items are still being deleted if you accidently backspace [delete ] all the text in the title field

release notes said this had been fixed ? I"ve done it twice and had to use undo quickly to recover my task .

Tim Wood 2007-12-05 07:34 PM

Do you have steps to reproduce starting with "create a new inbox item..."? It's working fine for me, but then I wouldn't have committed the change if I didn't already think that... =)

Ward 2007-12-06 09:20 AM

Wish: confirm deletes

Although I haven't accidently deleted an Inbox item, I have accidently deleted a folder, project, parent task, subtask. Fortunately, I think I've noticed each one and done and Undo.

Since I don't do many intentional deletes, I'd welcome the protection of having to confirm each delete. Controlling delete confirmation with a user preference would keep everyone happy.

[SIZE="1"][submitted as formal feedback][/SIZE]

Toadling 2007-12-06 09:43 AM

Or maybe a Trash Can bucket that deleted items go into and can be emptied later? Just a thought.

I must admit, I'm also slightly paranoid about accidentally deleting an item and not noticing in time to undo it. Then again, I've never had this functionality in OmniOutliner or my favorite text editor and I've never had a problem.

ext555 2007-12-06 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=Tim Wood;27692]Do you have steps to reproduce starting with "create a new inbox item..."? [/QUOTE]

I noticed it on items that were created from messages from mail.app

it comes into the inbox as a new item with no project or context etc .

I went to edit the title , accidentally went too far and poof ! it's gone .

Of course undo can recover it but , isn't there someway to stop it from doing this ?

I sent a screen shot to the support ninjas last night .

ps. it's re-produceable in items created manually from quick entry also .

Toadling 2007-12-06 10:24 AM

Actually, I'm see this "overzealous backspacing" issue as well.

(1) Create several new actions in any project.

(2) Place my cursor at the end of the Name field of the last action.

(3) Backspace over the entire Name until no characters are left, then hit backspace once more.

(4) The row is deleted and the cursor moves up to the next action's Context field.

(5) Continue backspacing over the Context value and the cursor continues into the Name field.

(6) Continue backspacing and the cursor will delete the action Name and eventually the entire action and move up to yet another action and so on.

FWIW, this is the same behavior I see in OmniOutliner, so I had been assuming it was how it was supposed to work, until I saw the recent release notes that said this had been "fixed".