The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Growl v1.3 not getting notifications from OmniFocus [A: Update broke 'em; we'll fix.] (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22290)

psidnell 2011-10-05 02:19 PM

Growl v1.3 not getting notifications from OmniFocus [A: Update broke 'em; we'll fix.]

Just installed growl 1.3 from the app store, and I am getting notifications from dropbox and twitter.

However, even though OmniFocus is in the growl applications list and enabled (as are all the OF notifications), I can't provoke an OmniFocus notification out of it - for example by letting a task go overdue.

I can't see any OmniFocus settings that control growl notifications, and the impression I get from the OmniFocus documentation and release notes is that it should just work.

However, this is a very new version of growl.

Any one else have any luck?

Lizard 2011-10-05 03:56 PM

Try relaunching OmniFocus? That fixed it for a few other people.

psidnell 2011-10-05 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=Lizard;102498]Try relaunching OmniFocus? That fixed it for a few other people.[/QUOTE]

Re-launched, rebooted - still no luck.

Christian 2011-10-05 09:24 PM

I have a similar problem with mail, no growl notifications at all. Didn't test with OF but it appears to be like this since I upgraded to lion. Maybe the old version does not work anymore and you now need to buy the new one from the store?

psidnell 2011-10-05 11:25 PM

I think growl is known not to work with mail.

I have the version of growl from the app store, but OmniFocus bought directly from Omni - which might be relevent.

Christian 2011-10-05 11:41 PM

My fault, forgot to upgrade growl mail, now everything works again (including OF). I use the non-store version of both growl and OF, for reference.

psidnell 2011-10-06 01:01 PM

Nerdy Detail: the binary file:

/Users/psidnell/Library/Application Support/Growl/Tickets/OmniFocus.growlTicket

Gets updated every time OmniFocus starts - but only if growl is running, so I assume OF is registering with Growl (over a socket?) when it starts and this is the file Growl uses to to store the registration info. If I delete the file then restart Growl it forgets about OF, but the file is recreated when OF re-registers with growl on startup.

So OmniFocus and Growl are communicating successfully - but for whatever reason, no notifications are being displayed.

I haven't managed to find any useful logging anywhere yet...

mmouse 2011-10-06 04:24 PM

I installed Growl 1.3 and the notifications continued working for about a day, but now they've stopped, and I can't get them started again...

williamsonrg 2011-10-16 03:10 PM

I'm also not receiving any Growl notifications from Omnifocus. I've got Growl 1.3 (from the MAS) and the latest OF (non-MAS). Anybody found a fix for this? Growl seems to be working for all my other supported apps.

Christian 2011-10-16 07:41 PM

To make sure, did you (a) activate OF in the Growl settings under "applications" and (b) configure what Growl should do when a new task becomes available/due/overdue within these settings?