The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Entourage Sync...(again?) (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=7686)

miba 2008-04-02 08:23 PM

Entourage Sync...(again?)

I've read other posts regarding OF & Entourage syncing, but I wanted to get my request in. I prefer Entourage over Mail. I'm sure there are others who agree. (And others who disagree.) To each his own, as they say. Thanks.

dconjar 2008-06-27 09:38 PM

[See my second message below. Mail really isn't as bad as I thought; it just doesn't have much love for Gmail.]

Why does everybody love Apple Mail? Mail on Leopard is completely worthless. It's hardly good enough to label it as an alpha.

Try using Gmail's IMAP, plus a few server-based IMAP's, through Apple Mail. Apple's mail app for leopard is pathetic at best. It is filled to the brim with bugs. Apple has completely given up on fixing extremely serious problems in the program, like its inability to pull mail through IMAP or simply quit so you can shut down. Check out the forums; it's everybody's problem.

Entourage, on the other hand, is off the hook. I had just purchased Daylite, and I'm seriously regreting it, because the main selling point was the mail integration. Looking at Entourage, it should have been a no-brainer. Entourage just works. Mail just doesn't, and I would love to see some OF integration coming soon.

Toadling 2008-06-27 10:04 PM

[QUOTE=dconjar;38903]Check out the forums; it's everybody's problem..[/QUOTE]

Surely not [I]everybody[/I]. I'm pretty happy with Mail.

-Dennis

alexius 2008-06-29 07:53 AM

Another vote for a little more Entourage support (especially a Clip-O-Tron, please!).

I realize this is a Mac-Mail-iPhone world, but some of us are stuck with Windows-Exchange-Blackberry office environments.

Until we have better Exchange support in Snow Leopard, throw us a bone!!

dconjar 2008-06-29 08:36 PM

I'm not sure if it's Apple Mail or Gmail IMAP or both...

I'll have to flip flop and say that Apple Mail seems alright, and when MobileMe comes out, it will probably be much better. It just doesn't get along well with Gmail's IMAP. I used Entourage to move my Gmail messages to my primary domain name and I'm not having any issues anymore. It could handle IMAP better, but it desparately needs better support for Gmail's IMAP. Of course, that could be more of a Gmail-side issue, but it still is important. I will admit that Entourage definitely isn't perfect with Gmail, either.

I think Entourage support would be great for OF, but with MobileMe coming out in less than a month, I'm learning to love mail. That's coming from somebody that wanted to destoy Apple Mail a couple days ago. Whenever I'm angry with Apple, I wind up feeling stupid later.

wambli 2008-07-01 07:17 PM

Ok, so where do I find out how to sync with Entourage?