The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Suggestion: Page Breaks for Contexts when Printing (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=5879)

chad131 2007-11-27 04:26 PM

Suggestion: Page Breaks for Contexts when Printing

Anyone else struggling getting your information from OmniFocus portable? I've read the thread about using Pagepacker and other methods, but I am still stuck.

Is there a way to add a page break after each context? i.e @Errands <page break>@Phone, etc.. ?

A more elegant solution would be to allow for only selected contexts to be printed out of the perspective views.

Tim Wood 2007-11-27 05:48 PM

Logged <bug://bugs/43431> (Option to include a page break between contexts when printing).

Printing should print what is shown in the content area, so if you select the contexts you want printed, do you not just get those contexts in the output?

chad131 2007-11-28 07:13 AM

I agree it prints what is selected in the context area... but out of the 20+ contexts I have.. probably only 5-6 need to be printed on a regular basis.

Unless I keep these contexts under a @Print group I'm not sure how to go about it without manually selecting and printing each one.

Basically, I have ~5 Contexts I want to be able to quickly print and take offline. I usually do this every morning. Right now I'm going through printing to PDF, editing, adding to Pagepacker, etc.... There has to be a faster way.

If there were page breaks between contexts, I could just shove a pile of 3x5 cards in my printer and go (and of course end up throwing away all the contexts I don't need).

jasong 2007-11-28 08:03 AM

[QUOTE=chad131;26654]I agree it prints what is selected in the context area... but out of the 20+ contexts I have.. probably only 5-6 need to be printed on a regular basis.

Unless I keep these contexts under a @Print group I'm not sure how to go about it without manually selecting and printing each one.[/QUOTE]

You can create a Perspective to save that selection, and print from that. You can even save a specific Page Setup for that Perspective.

Tim Wood 2007-11-28 06:02 PM

And, in recent builds, there is a little printer icon on the Perspectives window that lets you print w/o opening the perspective (though we'll probably change it to bring up the Print panel if you click and only print w/o interaction if you command-click it).

steve 2007-11-28 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=Tim Wood;26760](though we'll probably change it to bring up the Print panel if you click and only print w/o interaction if you command-click it).[/QUOTE]

I just saw this feature— it would be helpful so you could double check that you have the correct settings. Do you know if quick print has any applescript hooks. It would be really cool to be able to email a .pdf of a given perspective.