The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniWeb Feature Requests (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Close tab drawer when only one tab is open (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=435)

Handycam 2006-05-09 11:47 AM

Close tab drawer when only one tab is open

This could be a preference, but I'd like the drawer to close if I close all but one tab. Similar to how the "tab bar" on Safari and FF goes away.

Forrest 2006-05-09 12:05 PM

Yeah, the final tab thing could be refined a bit. I don't like how the close tab button on the last tab goes away when it's the last tab.

revs 2006-05-09 12:06 PM

Heres a semi-related feature request: dragging a link to the edge of a window pops open the drawer (if its closed).

I sometimes want to open a link, so i drag it to the drawer - would be nice if it opened when i dragged the link to the edge of the window

afb 2006-05-09 09:46 PM

[QUOTE=Forrest]I don't like how the close tab button on the last tab goes away when it's the last tab.[/QUOTE]
You're right; wish it stayed.

[QUOTE=revs]would be nice if it opened when i dragged the link to the edge of the window[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing you mean dragging to the window itself, not the tab drawer. I'd like for there to be a key combination (like option+drag) that would open dragged links in new tabs instead of replacing the current tab when dragging to windows, since the tab drawer isn't always visible.

revs 2006-05-10 04:58 AM

I meant that if the tab drawer is closed, and i grap a link, and drag it to the edge of the browser window, thenthe tab drawer pops out for me to drop the link into it.

afb 2006-05-10 10:13 AM

I see; that would also be nice.

Forrest 2006-05-10 10:43 AM

Well, there's no real "edge" in OW. So are you thinking if one dragged it off the browser window, to the side of it...?

Would it work like a spring loaded folder...?

I think I would rather see it so that if a user dragged a link onto the show tab drawer button, the tab drawer would open.

That said, why not just command+click the link and have the prefs set to open that in a new tab?

Handycam 2006-05-10 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=Forrest]
I think I would rather see it so that if a user dragged a link onto the show tab drawer button, the tab drawer would open.

That said, why not just command+click the link and have the prefs set to open that in a new tab?[/QUOTE]

I agree. Middle-click works too, that's what I do.

And the drag to button is a nice idea.

philonous 2006-05-11 04:14 PM

I second this

[QUOTE=revs]I meant that if the tab drawer is closed, and i grap a link, and drag it to the edge of the browser window, thenthe tab drawer pops out for me to drop the link into it.[/QUOTE]

I second this feature, as well as the master thread request: for the tab drawer to go away when only one tab is open.

afb 2006-05-11 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=Forrest]Well, there's no real "edge" in OW. So are you thinking if one dragged it off the browser window, to the side of it...?

Would it work like a spring loaded folder...?

That said, why not just command+click the link and have the prefs set to open that in a new tab?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing such a feature would work like the message drag worked in pre-Tiger Mail.app, where the folder panel would appear on the side you were dragging to.

And I think this would be more useful with dragging links to other windows.