The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus Extras (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Cliff's Task from Email (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4325)

Hawkcode 2007-07-27 09:00 AM

Cliff's Task from Email

Cliff,

Right now the script Doesn't seem to Copy the entire content of the email into the task. Is this something that could be added?

I'm also the one that asked you for the line to bring OF to foreground after sending the task, works great, thanks.

Thanks

curt.clifton 2007-07-28 12:54 PM

Hawkcode,

I changed the default text inclusion mode to "selected text", but it seems to be flakey. I'm planning to change the default mode to "entire contents" in the next release. In the interim, you can make the change yourself by following the instructions included with the scripts (see "Settings").

(BTW, that's Curt, not Cliff. I get that [I]all[/I] the time. The curse of having two first names. I'm not miffed; just wanted to squash the Cliff meme.)

Lyle 2007-08-02 08:32 AM

I'm having trouble reaching Curt's web site to download these scripts. Is it just me, or is the site down?

curt.clifton 2007-08-03 01:15 AM

[QUOTE=Lyle;18646]I'm having trouble reaching Curt's web site to download these scripts. Is it just me, or is the site down?[/QUOTE]

The site was down. It seems to be back up now. (I'm out of the States so wasn't able to intervene sooner.)

Lyle 2007-08-03 09:00 AM

Thanks much, Curt. These are great -- helps to close the gap between iGTD and OmniFocus.

Lyle 2007-08-03 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=Hawkcode;18226]I'm also the one that asked you for the line to bring OF to foreground after sending the task, works great, thanks.[/QUOTE]Hmmm, I was just about to request that very feature, because it's apparently not working for my installation. I don't know much about AppleScript, but this might be a good time to learn. Can anyone give a hint as to why it might not be working?

curt.clifton 2007-08-04 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=Lyle;18734]Hmmm, I was just about to request that very feature, because it's apparently not working for my installation. I don't know much about AppleScript, but this might be a good time to learn. Can anyone give a hint as to why it might not be working?[/QUOTE]

The script doesn't activate OF by default. I probably won't add that to the script since it goes against my personal workflow, which is to empty my mail inbox completely before processing my OF inbox.

But you can do this yourself. Find the two lines in the Add OmniFocus Action like this:
[CODE]
tell application "OmniFocus"
set My_Task to actionPrefix & message_subj
[/CODE]

change it to this:

[CODE]
tell application "OmniFocus"
activate
set My_Task to actionPrefix & message_subj
[/CODE]

kmarkley 2007-08-06 10:29 AM

I've discovered that the "Open Linked Mail Message" and "Update Mail Link to New Format" scripts take the selected action from the [B]first[/B] document window, not the [B]frontmost[/B] document window. Leading to undesired results when multiple windows are open.

Easy fix. Just change:
[CODE]
tell document window 1
[/CODE]
to:
[CODE]
tell (the first document window whose index is 1)
[/CODE]

curt.clifton 2007-08-07 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=kmarkley;18838]I've discovered that the "Open Linked Mail Message" and "Update Mail Link to New Format" scripts take the selected action from the [B]first[/B] document window, not the [B]frontmost[/B] document window. Leading to undesired results when multiple windows are open.

Easy fix. Just change:
[CODE]
tell document window 1
[/CODE]
to:
[CODE]
tell (the first document window whose index is 1)
[/CODE][/QUOTE]

Just got back from a long trip, so no time to update at the moment.

That's a strange incantation for the frontmost window. How much did you test that solution? I ask because there was an outstanding bug with OF's scripting interface not correctly returning the frontmost window. I wonder if it's fixed.

kmarkley 2007-08-07 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=curt.clifton;18894]Just got back from a long trip, so no time to update at the moment.

That's a strange incantation for the frontmost window. How much did you test that solution? I ask because there was an outstanding bug with OF's scripting interface not correctly returning the frontmost window. I wonder if it's fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is strange, but seems to work with a medium amount of testing. And there may well be a better way to do it.

I hit upon this by poking around the dictionary and running some test scripts. I noticed that each window had an property "index" that changed when a different window was brought frontmost. So "document window 2" might well have index 1. The class definition for 'window' says that the index property refers to 'the number of the window'.

So it looks to me like the weird part is just that you *should* be able to refer to the window with index 1 as 'document window 1'.