The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniFocus 1 for Mac (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Keyboard shortcuts (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4013)

pvonk 2007-06-30 06:09 PM

Keyboard shortcuts

I've been searching high and low (or is that hi and lo?) for the shortcut to invoke the quick entry panel. A number of threads imply it exists, but no one has mentioned it. Is there one?

And... to keep this thread going, how about folks adding other shortcuts.

ext555 2007-06-30 06:30 PM

Keyboard shortcut for quick entry is set up in the " preferences " for the app.. I' already changed it so I forget what the default was , but if you'll click "omni-focus " then preferences or cmd , you'll find it ..

I'm not sure what else you're asking for , all the other keyboard shortcuts are listed next to the corresponding command in the menu .

SpiralOcean 2007-07-01 06:17 AM

The default is...
control+option+spacebar

pvonk 2007-07-01 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=ext555]Keyboard shortcut for quick entry is set up in the " preferences " for the app..
I'm not sure what else you're asking for , all the other keyboard shortcuts are listed next to the corresponding command in the menu .[/QUOTE]

I think it was a brain fart! I must have looked half a dozen times at the preferences page and never saw it.

thanks. Now I need a stickie to remember this until I use it enough that it becomes etched in my brain.

As for other shortcuts... I've been using Lightroom a lot and that product has shortcuts up the waz... I thought OF might have some undocumented ones (well, I supose it's all undocumented at this point).

bongoman 2007-07-01 11:27 PM

I'm hanging out for a shortcut to jump between projects or contexts on the left (depending on the mode) and actions in the right-hand pane. I know it is in the works and I'll be a happy Focuser when I grab a new build and find that one in there.

Tony 2007-07-02 07:31 AM

On a related note, I've been trying to figure out a way to enter more than one task in Quick Entry if I have "Return should also save and exit" enabled in the preferences. It would be nice to be able to enter more than one item at a time. Is there a keyboard combination that allows for creating more than one entry without having the window disappear? I feel like there's something really obvious that I'm missing.

curt.clifton 2007-07-02 08:24 AM

You could always turn off "Return should also save and exit" and use Cmd-S to save and exit. That frees up Return to create a new item.

rjfay 2007-07-02 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=Tony]On a related note, I've been trying to figure out a way to enter more than one task in Quick Entry if I have "Return should also save and exit" enabled in the preferences. It would be nice to be able to enter more than one item at a time. Is there a keyboard combination that allows for creating more than one entry without having the window disappear? I feel like there's something really obvious that I'm missing.[/QUOTE]
Shift-return does it.

Tony 2007-07-02 09:29 AM

I knew it was something obvious. Thanks!

santra 2007-09-29 04:20 PM

Keyboard Shortcut for create Context?

Is there a keyboard shortcut for create Context?

I can't seem find this anywhere. It's not on the structure menu, and I've done a search through the forum and couldn't find it. Was there ever any discussion about it, or is there a reason for leaving it out? Add Action, Project, Folder, Singleton, Child, and Aunt all have shortcuts...why not Context?