The Omni Group Forums

The Omni Group Forums (http://forums.omnigroup.com/index.php)
-   OmniPlan General (http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Don't see Page Setup Dialog box (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8007)

PaulFoglia 2008-05-19 01:20 PM

Don't see Page Setup Dialog box

Hi,

When I choose the Page Setup from the File Menu I see a generic page setup dialog box - the same one for every application. I don't see the Omni dialog as shown in the help documents. Do I have something wrong? I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.

I'm trying to get my plan to print landscape on one page and without the dialog box to adjust the print setup I am ending up with far too many pages.

Thanks,
Paul

skwirl 2008-05-19 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=PaulFoglia;36819]Hi,

When I choose the Page Setup from the File Menu I see a generic page setup dialog box - the same one for every application. I don't see the Omni dialog as shown in the help documents. Do I have something wrong? I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.

I'm trying to get my plan to print landscape on one page and without the dialog box to adjust the print setup I am ending up with far too many pages.

Thanks,
Paul[/QUOTE]

If you go to "File" > "Print" you should see the OmniPlan settings.

Juddbert 2008-06-07 12:20 PM

I think that this is one of the few areas where OmniPlan falls short. I'd like to see the same sort of flexibility in page layout that OmniOutliner Pro offers. Project management software does tend to generate a lot of hard copy, but while OmniPlan looks great on the screen it just doesn't offer the same level of professionalism on paper. It's the one thing that's holding me back from purchasing.

skwirl 2008-06-09 01:49 PM

We definitely plan to improve on this area of OmniPlan in 2.0. I'll be sure to add your comments to our development database. :-)

maltinghead 2008-10-08 10:15 PM

[QUOTE=PaulFoglia;36819]Hi,

Thanks,
Paul[/QUOTE]
I assume you finally found the answer, but just in case:
- In Leopard, it appears there should be the blue triangle drop down menu button to the right in your Print box which will expand the box to reveal all the print settings.
- In Tiger, I didn't even have that. Omni developer told me, "If you click on "Copies & Pages", is there an "OmniPlan" option in the list that appears?" And yes there was. Solved.

tburton 2008-10-16 04:19 PM

related issue: Print scale takes hold only after reloading app?

I agree that OmniPlan's printing needs improvement (same for SharedPlan, Intellysis Desktop, and others--seems a common issue with [Mac] planners). One side effect of the current, limited printing is that I fiddle frequently with the Scale on the Page Setup panel. It seems that a change to that setting takes hold only after I exit the application and then reload it. Am I missing something?

skwirl 2008-10-17 02:02 PM

I don't think you're missing anything here, there are some known bugs with print scaling that we plan to address in a later version. Could you send us your project file along with the settings you're using in the print panel so we can check out the behavior you're seeing and if need be, file a bug report as well.